Chapter 30

Sorry it's taken to long to update. I've had a long week. Enjoy!

Chapter 30

A Father’s Protection

Christmas came and went in a loud fashion. Sirius had decided to get his goddaughter a new broom, more specifically a Firebolt, much to Harri’s absolute horror and joy. She hated that he spent so much money on her, but she was overjoyed that she had a new broom. Harri had always refused to have Sirius spend a lot of money on her. She uses her trust vault to pay for all her expenses. Her godfather’s only response was that he needed to spoil her every now and again, otherwise he would seem neglectful. Of course, no matter how mad she was at him for spending money on her, she did thank him for hours and then went out to take it for a test flight.

She deemed the broom a more than worthy flying partner. She was a blur in the sky. She even let the twins and Draco have a go on it when they asked. 

With the winter starting to come to close Harri was beginning to think that Peter just ran off to Voldemort and didn’t even think of attacking her. He had been at the school for two years and hadn’t done anything.

It was a chilly Tuesday afternoon and Remus was backing teaching, though, he looked terrible. Hermione had been watching Remus warily whenever Harri went near him. Harri realized that she was going to have to talk to her friend about her behavior towards her honorary uncle later. 

Harri approached him after class and asked about the anti-dementor lessons, she needed to be able to handle them for her next match against Ravenclaw. Oliver had been questioning her all week to see if she could handle the foul creatures. She didn’t want to disappoint her captain, so she promised that she would start her lessons within the week.

She stood in front of Remus’ desk for a few seconds before he noticed that she was there. “Something I can do for you, Harri?” he asked with a raised eyebrow. 

“Yea, I was wondering when we could start with the anti-dementor charm. With the match against Ravenclaw coming up I want to be fully prepared in case the dementors come back,” Harri replied urgently.

“Let me see… how about eight o'clock on Thursday evening? The History of Magic classroom should be large enough… I'll have to think carefully about how we're going to do this… We can't bring a real Dementor into the castle to practice on…" Remus told her, sounding more like he was thinking out loud than actually answering her question.

“Sure, I’ll see you Thursday,” Harri said as Hermione pulled her out of the classroom and back to their dorm.

As soon as they were up to their dorm, Hermione shut the door and casted a silencing charm on the room. “You know about Professor Lupin, don’t you?” she asked nervously.

Harri rolled her eyes, flicking her braid off her shoulder and letting it fall behind her back. “Of course I know. I’ve known him since I was an infant,” Harri answered.

“And you aren’t worried that you might get hurt?” 

“No, I’m not and you shouldn’t either. We know he wouldn’t hurt us. Sirius and I both worry about him, his condition makes him really sick. We’re always worried that he might hurt himself really badly one night,” she replied with a frown. “You better not tell anyone about this.”

Hermione looked offended from Harri’s obvious mistrust and sighed. “I wasn’t planning on telling anyone in the first place. It’s his secret, not mine,” Hermione replied.

The rest of the week passed quickly and before Harri knew it, it was Thursday night. She went into the History of Magic room and found Remus standing in front of a shaking trunk. Harri realized that he had a boggart in the trunk and smiled slightly. She was glad that they weren’t going to practice on a real dementor. She had told him and Sirius that her greatest fear was a dementor shortly after the attack at the quidditch match.