Chapter 14

This isn't super long, but it's just an opening chapter to year two! Enjoy!

Chapter 14

An Interesting Day

Harriet Potter, also known as Harri or Bambi, had a very interesting life. She lived with her Godfather, Sirius Black, who couldn’t cook anything without it coming alive first and with her best friend Draco Malfoy, who was like the older brother she never had. Harriet Potter also happened to be a witch that goes to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

In her first year at Hogwarts she managed to stop a madman from stealing the Sorcerer’s Stone. It nearly got her killed and because of that she had been grounded for the majority of the summer, though her punishment was to try and help Sirius find out who Remus, her honorary uncle, was dating and for helping her try and get the Stone Draco was given the same punishment, though he was in more a foul mood than she was over it. She wasn’t going to argue with her Godfather over her punishment, no matter how strange it was.  

Despite being a witch Harriet lived a semi normal life with her makeshift family in a muggle neighborhood of London. Harriet had introduced Draco to her friends that lived in the same area, some were magical while others were just normal kids that thought that Harriet and Draco attended a fancy muggle secondary school in Scotland during the school year. Draco had spent the first few weeks of the summer becoming acquainted with the muggle appliances in Sirius’ apartment. When he didn’t get the hang of using the appliances right away Harriet told him that her godfather still couldn’t use half of the stuff that was lying around the apartment.

Harriet and Draco spent time finishing the school work in between Sirius’ insane family bonding games and trying to figure out who Remus, their werewolf friend, was dating behind their backs. They all knew Remus wasn’t stupid. They knew that he knew that they knew he was dating someone, but was determined to keep her a secret from them.

So, the day before Harriet’s twelfth birthday, Draco and Harriet were walking down a busy London street, in disguises, following Remus. Harriet had a blonde wig and sunglasses on, so if Remus looked back he wouldn’t see her trademark green eyes. Draco on the other hand wore a dark brown wig and a scowl on his face. “Why are we doing this again?” he asked bored out of his mind. They had been doing this all summer long and had come up with nothing.

“Because you want to know who Remus is dating just as much as Sirius and I do,” Harriet answered with a smirk on her face. All of them really wanted to know who was lucky enough to be dating Remus and no matter how many times they asked Remus he just wouldn’t tell them who he was dating, so they resorted to following him.

“Harri, we’ve been trying to figure this out all summer. I’m getting rather bored of following him around. We could be hanging out with the twins or Hermione,” he said as Remus went into a small family owned café called Cake’s Coffee House. It was a quaint café that advertised homemade cakes and live music. Harri and Draco watched Remus sit down and look at a menu through the café’s window.

“Hermione is going to be coming over later today to meet Wendi and her cousin and the twins are grounded for blowing up a toilet,” Harri replied as she watched Remus sit down at a table for two, it seemed that he was the first one to arrive. 

Suddenly, something beeped in Harri’s pocket. The young girl sighed and pulled out a walkie talkie that Sirius charmed to work no matter how far away he was. “Padfoot to Bambi, do you read me?” Since Remus knew all of Sirius’ tricks and disguises he had sent Harri and Draco instead.

“Roger that, Padfoot. Mooney is in the den. We are waiting for contact,” Harri responded with a smirk on her face. 

“Oi, someone is sitting down with him,” Draco said rocking on the balls of his feet in excitement. This was the first time that Remus hadn’t noticed them following him all summer. The girl that sat down next to him was average height and wore normal muggle clothes. The only surprising thing about her was that her hair was a bright blue.