Chapter 36

Okay, I have a bad migraine and can't wear my glasses, so I can't really see what I'm typing in this author's note. So, enjoy!

Chapter 36

Three Champions...and Harriet

Harri sat there, completely frozen as all the people in the great hall turned to look at her. She had to be dreaming, there was no way that she was entered in this horrid tournament...

McGonagall had a dark expression written on her face as she approached Dumbledore. She whispered something into his ear angrily. George had tightened his hold around her waist, keeping her from getting up.

Wendi was swearing colorfully in every language she knew, while most of the Gryffindor house was giving her a disbelieving glares, as if she planned this from the start. Harri turned to her friends, who all gave her concerned looks in return. She couldn’t see George’s face, but she figured that it matched Fred’s, which was shocked and angry, but not at her, but whoever put her name in it.

“I didn’t put my name in...” she whispered. “I haven’t been near the Great Hall since dinner yesterday.”

At the Head Table, Dumbledore had gotten McGonagall to stand down and started to speak again.

“Harriet Potter! Up here, if you please!” He shouted and she sucked in a breath.

“Go on, I’ll call Sirius,” Hermione said nudging Harri to move. She sighed, untangled George’s arms from around her waist and stood up. Harri cleared her mind and took a deep breath. She flicked her braid behind her shoulder, letting it fall freely behind her back and lifted her head up high. She was going to look as dignified as possible with hundreds of eyes watching her as she approached the Head Table.

From the corner of her eye she saw Hermione rush out of the hall. She made it to Dumbledore stood in front of him, feeling like an idiot.

“Well, though that door, Miss Potter,” Dumbledore said in an unamused tone.

Harri moved to the door quickly, not wanting to be watched any longer. She went through the door and found herself in a smaller room where there was a fire burning. Viktor, Cedric and Fleur were all grouped around the fire. Viktor was leaning against the mantle, Cedric was standing right in front of the fireplace with his hands behind his back and Fleur turned around as soon as Harri walked in. She gave Harri a puzzled look through a sheet a silvery hair.

“Do zey want us back in ze hall?” she asked.

“No, the bloody cup was jinxed,” Harri growled, speaking for the first time since she got out of her seat, her hair turning red. Viktor looked confused as her hair changed colors, but Cedric took a stepped towards her and put a hand on her shoulder to try to calm her down.

“What do you mean ‘the cup was jinxed’ does that mean that we weren’t really selected?” Viktor asked trying to figure out what was going on.

“No, someone tricked the cup t-” Harri began, but was interrupted by the Bagman entering the room loudly.

“Absolutely extraordinary! Gentlemen…lady," he added, approaching the fireside and addressing the other three. "May I introduce, incredible though it may seem, the fourth Tri-Wizard champion?"

“I am not competing in this blasted competition,” Harri said unabashed. 

“Miss Potter, you don’t have a choice in the matter,” Dumbledore told her as he walked in with the other Professors and Headmasters.

“And why is that? I’m underage, there is no way that I put my name into that cup. I don’t even sign my name Harriet Potter. I sign it Harriet J. Potter. Just ask my professors! I haven’t been in the Great Hall all day! I’ve been tutoring students all day long! Shouldn’t the person that put my name in the cup have to compete?” she questioned. Her voice getting louder with each word.