Eight

Lia's POV
"Why didn't you tell us your hyperfocus was back?" A very angry Liam storms in.

"It would have been very useful." Dad says as well.
"It's not like it turns on a switch when it wants to come back. Sorry." I give up. It's not even that bad.

"What's hyperfocus?" Rocco asks.
"It's when Lia only has her attention on the ice. Nothing else. So she will act more oddly like she did on the ice then normal." Mum explained calmly. I don't get how she is so calm sometimes.

"Lia!" Addie ran in and hugged me.
"You ok? You have a cast." She points out. Yes Addie I'm very aware of this.

"I'm fine so can everyone stop fussing." I tell them. I'm annoyed enough that I can't play for 2 weeks.
"Hey we won though. 7-4." That made me happy.

"I told you that we would still win." Rocco nudges me.
"Thanks. Why did you come off the ice with me anyway?" I asked.
"I got suspended last season so I can't play for the last 3 minutes for this season and before you ask I broke someone's ribs." I widened my eyes.

I knew he got angry but breaking ribs. That's a whole new level.
"Lia I would like to test if you can use crutches or a walking boot." The nurse came in.

----------------
I get to leave with crutches. It's hard but I'm doing well.
"Thanks Rocco." I sat in the taxi before there's not enough seats in our car.
"Stop thanking me. I'm just being a good team captain." Your being a good friend.

"What am I going to do for 2 weeks?" I sigh.
"How about this after school I will tell you what we did and positions if they change." I nod. Still doesn't fix my problem but it's nice.

"I'm still might come and watch." I tell him.
"No point waking up earlier to watch. Just relax. Milk it that's what I do when I injure myself but be ready to work your fucking socks off when you can skate again because coach will have you working day in day out. He will ride your ass until someone else will fuck up." I laughed.

----------------------
"Listen to this. So brook was trying to drop back in place of you yeah and he fell over and Emmett wasn't watching and fell over him. Literally half the team fell on him and coach fucking went off on one." Rocco told me and I laughed so hard.

For the past week and 3 days the stories he's told me have been really funny and I've learned a lot from searching things about ice hockey instead of being on the ice. Addie has been an amazing best friend and I helped her on Saturday to get dressed for the party and she looked amazing.

And she told me that she got with a guy and now has his number.

"Lia I don't think you understand how much how much coach misses  you. Because he said and I quote Boys are complete imbeciles."
"Well I am easy to miss." Rocco shook his head.

"Yes I am!" I jumped at him and pulled his hair.
"Say it!"
"No!" He shouts back standing up and running down the stairs on his back.

"Stop!" I shout but before he could even process it we fell and ended up on the ground.
"Lia!" Mum shouts running over to us.
She looks at us and just shook her head making us laugh.

"You two should just date. I mean your always in each other it's ridiculous." She mumbled and I sat there shocked.

No. No. No. Now are friendship is ruined. I never really thought of Rocco like that. But no. He's on my team.

"Mum! Shut up!" I say taking Rocco's hand to get up. I'm not even supposed to be walking on this but I have been doing so anyway.

"But honey I haven't see you so close with a boy since T." I sigh. I missed T a lot. My best friend. Teammates and first for everything.

"Who's T?" Rocco asks.
"No one. It's fine." I walk away from the situation when Dad walks in and takes me off my feet immediately.

"Your not aloud to walk!" He tells me and I just kinda want to be alone.
"I know just let me hop upstairs." He shook his head and carried me upstairs.

"Your upset. Team players don't get upset." I roll my eyes.
"For once can you see me as your daughter and not as a team player?!" I lashed out.

"I'm sorry that was uncalled for." I apologise after. I'm over T.
"It's ok. I'm sorry. Hugs?" I nod and take it. I love my dad but sometimes he thinks team rather then family which annoys me a lot.

"I'm not going to ask why but if you want to talk." I nod he gets up and Rocco comes in.
"You ok?"
"Yeah I just had my moment."
"So when do you get this thing off?" He taps the cast and literally can't to get back on the ice.

"Tomorrow or the day after." He nods and he's phone goes off.
"Hey I have to go but I will see you on Monday." I nod and hug him before he leaves.

Do I like Rocco? I mean we've gotten closer and I like him kinda. But we're team mates and I'd rather not fucking it up.