Nine

Lia's POV
"Baby! Wake up. The hospital called and had to make your appointment earlier so let's go." I open my eyes to a very blurry mum.

"Time?" I stretch as I ask.
"4:48." Why the hospital got to do this? I mean I get your busy but let the poor crippled girl sleep to at least 5.
"Ok I'm not showering because I can't be bothered." She nods and helps me out of bed and onto my crutches and down the stairs.

"I was thinking you could surprise the boys. Today so after the hospital I take you to mac Donald's for breakfast then to the ice rink a little late. " she suggested and I got really excited for it.

"I would love that."
------------------------
"Keep the ice pack on it until the rink then pack your skate with these. It will help with the slight swelling." Nurse told me handing me 2 mor ice packs.

"Thank you." Mum says and I can finally walk without everyone worrying about me.

We walked to the car and mum started up with the conversation about the one person that I hate.
"So T is coming over here." I looked at her wide eyed. Why here. 52 states and he chooses this one.

"How do you know this?" I ask.
"I'm still friends with his mum."
"And I told her what school you go to." I groaned so much in anger.

"Why! You know how much I hate him."
"It's been 5 months. I'd thought you'd be over it." She said softly. I know she means no harm.

"I can't and now he's going to want to join the ice hockey team." I sigh. I have to get over it.

"I'm sorry baby." She ran her ands through my hair as her eyes flicked in between the road and I.

We went through the drive through and of course I got two drinks. Milkshake and water with a healthy for mc Donald's wrap.

"So what's with you and Rocco. Anything going on there?" Mum asks.
"No. I don't like him. He doesn't like me, we are just really good friends." I explained.
"Ok honey. Now I want to talk to you about what coach called about when you were on your trip." I almost choked on my wrap.

I don't know why I want to avoid this.
"Why didn't you tell me?" She asks with sadness ridden in her voice.
"I just found out on that day. I'm only bi I doubt it does anything to change your perspective."

"And it doesn't but your dad doesn't know. So you might want to tell him." I nod and she kisses my head before we start driving to school. I'm happy that she's happy about it. I didn't even think anything of it when coach told me he was going to tell her.

But I'm happy we had this talk.
"Now. Go rock the boys off their skate." I laugh and kiss her on the cheek before getting out and running in and getting changed into my gear and running in as the skate up and down.

I did have to pack my skate with ice packs so I hope I don't fuck up today.
"Lia!" Brook shouts and the all stop and pile on top of me.

"Ok we get it we all missed her but don't squish the poor girl with your heavy selves." Coach says.
This boys are so heavy.
After about 2 minutes 7 boys got off me and Liam helped me up.
"Right Lia. Let's skate our hearts out. Off time table till lunch because you guys have been doing so bad! Let's go. Laps!" Coach shouts.

--------------------
"You guys suck! Get your game on!" Literally been 2 hours with no break and we've just been playing games on teams trying to work ourselves to do better.

"We're trying!" Rocco shouts as we do pass shots. I'm so tired it's unbelievable.
"Talk back again Rocco and 5 minutes off your game!"
"You can't do that!"
"Try me Rocco! Freaking try me!" I found that pretty funny.

Sometimes I think coach is the least professional person ever.
"Lia pick it up! Pick it up!"
Brook was the first one to give in by just falling into the ice and not getting up.

Slowly the team gave up until it was just me vs Rocco.
"Give up Lia. I'm better."
"Nope. Remember I'm the girl on this team." I shout at him. Playing with the puck with my hockey stick avoiding the players on the floor.

I'm this close to giving up. I'm so tired.
"But I'm captain I'm better." I give up I slide down and take off my helmet.

"Told you." He says before lying down.
"Circle. Lying down because at this point I don't care." Coach says skating in on one knee.

We all slid like penguins to get closer to coach before listening to him.
"Right. I don't know what that was but I know you guys can do better. We lost a player for a week we can't rely on one player ok?"
"Yes coach." We say together.

"So not tomorrow because I've worked you a lot today. The day after we will work on techniques." We nod and he lets us go. My body aches so much.
So I had a long fucking shower that Liam came in with his eyes closed to tell me to get out.

So with wet hair I dressed up and walk out and ate lunch with the team and Addie.
"Your off the crutches!" She squeezes the freaking life out of me when she sees me.

"Yeah. I know."
"We can go to the party now! Your going to wear a dress and heels and you can be a little slut for the night with me!" She says sitting me down.
"Is that what girls aim for?" Brook asks confused.

"Not all the time but sluts get girls."
"Like that." Liam points across the canteen to Wendy eating Rocco or them eating each other.

I don't know why but it hurt. Just a little bit to see him with her.
I don't like him. He's the captain of my team. If I was a boy this wouldn't happen. Unless I was gay, which i am. Kinda.

Why has life got to be so hard.