Ninety seven

Lia's PoV
So we did get screamed at and mum smashed the bong but it's ok because I have more. I was a bit pissed that I didn't have one in Miami but oh well.

We were leaving today and as much as that upset we have to go.
"Thank you for fun time and letting all my friends stay over." I say hugging them at the airport.

"It's fine and next time you see Harley or Marlow tell them I want to talk to them. " Uncle Rick whispers to me.

"Good luck in University. Study hard and don't get an STD." Uncle Brian shouts.

"Can't make any promises." Stanley replies that made dad give him a really bad look.

Rocco's pov

I went to the car with Steff to get the last of the luggage and so she could talk to me.

"Remember what I said. Don't let anyone drag you down."

"Steff, Lia isn't dragging me down. She maybe a little bit out there but so was i. I was that guy in school who would sleep with everything that moved. But we could work on our relationship." She nodded and patted me on the back.

"If you need anything here's my number and if you need me to take Lia off your back for a few days I'll do that too." I laugh as she puts her number on my phone and I do the same to hers.

"I will Steff, I will."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as we got back there was a Lady sitting on the driveway.

"Rocco, Liam go see if that lady needs help. Lia help your dad with luggage. I'm going to get Sami out and put here to bed." Katie tells us all so Liam and I went to the door.

"Rocco? Wheres Sami? I'm taking her home." My mum stands up from the doorstep.

"What? It's 2 in the morning. We've just got off the plane and she's asleep, so how about we do this tomorrow because I'm tired where we can talk why you ran out from you 4 year old daughter. Yeah?" I asked.

"I will come back tomorrow." She says before walking away

God help me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 o'clock sharp my mum comes banging on the door and I answer it and she hugs me.

"I'm sorry. I was worried and I wanted to see my babies again. Can I come in and explain it all and see Sami?" I nodded letting her in and taking her up to our room.

"Mum I think it's important you meet Lia first." I tell her as I open the door to Lia playing games on her phone.
"Lia, this is my mum Dalia." She got up and shook her hand.

"Hi. Nice to meet you finally." I'm relived she didn't say anything mean.
"Wait- is this an engagement ring?!" She asks and Lia nods.
"I've missed so much. Why? Do you love her?" She asks me.

"Yeah with all my heart but it was a little rushed." I told her she needs to know.
"Why was it rushed?"
"Lia was pregnant. You had a grandson and we named him Eros but he didn't live through the whole pregnancy. 6 months and we lost him." She did look upset but all she did was hug us.

"I'm so happy that you two are so strong and I'm sorry I wasn't there to help you."
------------------------------------------
We had such a long talk as Lia occupied Sami. I found out my dad is a complete dick and that depression runs in both sides of the family.

She wasn't happy when I told her that I tried to kill myself. Not at all and we talked about plans I'm keeping Sami. She's going to run but she's going to visit sometimes because she doesn't feel safe being in the same state as dad. We also talked about Sami and how she's a baby genius and the help I've got her. Just about everything she missed.

"Can I see Sami?" I nod and just as I shout that we hear Lia shouting at Sami and she runs in the room naked.
"Mummy! Your back!" She shouts hugging her as a soaking wet Lia runs in.

"Your sister tried to drown me." She tells me and I laugh.
"Rocco it's not funny! I look like a drowned rat!" She shouts.

"You do. I'm sorry that's just too funny." Lia rolls her eyes and gets Sami a towel before leaving again.
"I've missed you so much my little acorn." Mum tells her crying.
I always thought my mum was the bad person in all of this. But looking at her with Sami's and she wasn't at all.

"I've missed you too mummy. When you left you made Rocky really upset and angry."
"Why?" She asked her.
"Because he was worried about me but he shouldn't be worried. I'm big but you made him cry and that made me sad. Don't do that again." She told mum with her arms crossed like she had authority.

"Sami look at me. I want you to listen very carefully. I have to go again because I'm not safe here but you and Rocco are very safe here ok? I'll visit you every once and a while but I'm here for you." Sami started crying and it broke my heart.

"But I want you to stay." She cries harder.
"I know. I know but I can't." Mum tried to explain but Sami wasn't having it.
"Rocky make her stay! Please make her stay!" That got me I had to leave the room.

I went straight to Lia who's in my old room getting changed and I just hugged her and broke down.
"I can't see her leave again. Sami's crying her eyes out and it's killing me to see." She hugged me so tight.

"Babe it's ok. I promise it will be ok." She tries to reassure me but it didn't feel like it could be. She's my mother and she's running out on us again.
"Ok. I'm ok. Thank you." I say pulling back from the hug.

She rubbed my back and kissed me again before I went back into the room where Sami had calmed down but mum was in tears.
"I wish it didn't have to be this way because you don't understand how hard it is for a mother to leave her kids. But I love you both ok?" We nodded and she gave both of us a hug before getting ready to leave.

"Rocco. Don't stop what your doing. I am so proud of you with Sami and ice hockey and I want to see you as a pro later in life." I nod as I could no longer speak. I'm happy I got to see her but I am lost for words.

"I love you two so much and I'll see you soon." When I heard that door close- I don't know it was the hardest thing someone could ever watch.

"Mummy will be back soon and then we will be a happy family." Sami says kissing my cheek. Things seem tough now but in due time it won't.