Fifty eight

Lia's POV
I spent a good hour talking to the girls until I decided to go home at 5.
I went up to my room and Rocco and Sami were watching Disney movies.

I sat next to Rocco sitting close to him.
"Hey. You feeling better?" He asked.
"Yeah. Whatever it was it's gone." It's not it's inside of me.

"Well that's good. Everyone was wondering how you were. What's wrong you seem down?" He asks.
"I'm just a bit tired. That's all." He nods.
"Do you want us gone?" I shook my head.

I snuggled up closer to him really wanting to tell him but I want to tell my mum first and ask on her opinion.

"Lia I want to speak to you." Liam says bursting in. Does he know?
I nod getting up.
I leave my room and go into his.

"Before you kill me I haven't told Rocco yet so just give me time." I blurt out.
"What?! I was going to ask you if you saw Harley today but what haven't you told Rocco yet?" He asks. Shit.

"Nothing." I tell him.
"Mum! Come up here!" Liam shouts.
"No! Liam!" I shout at him but it was too late she came in.

"What's up?" Mum says sitting on Liam's bed.
"Lia did something and hasn't told Rocco about it yet." Liam told her.

"Well tell us." Mum says.
"Well- um- it's kinda hard." I stutter.
"Let us guess then." Mum suggested and I nod.
"You want to be a lesbian?"
"You cheated."
"Your dying?"
"You ate his sandwich?"
"Your pregnant?" Liam says and I nod and his mouth drops.

"What the fuck! What the fuck! I'm going to kill him!" Liam shouts. I push him back.
"It's my fault. I didn't take my pill for a week." I tell them.

"Honey I told you to be careful." Mum says.
"I know and I don't know what to do. I cried for ages when I found out. We're not ready." I started crying again. Liam hugged me.

"How do you know?" Liam asked.
"I took 3 tests at Daisy's house and spoke to saffron and Addie. They told me I need to tell him. But I don't want to." I say.
"You need to have a grown up conversation about it telling him as soon as possible and figure out what's going to happen." Mum advises and I nod.

"Ok." That's what I have to do.
"Can you not tell dad or Nana yet? I want to tell them." They nod and hug me.

------------------------------------------
After dinner we were all in my room helping Sami do her night reading when I thought it was time to tell him.
"Rocco can I talk to you?" I ask.
"Yeah."
"It's a grown talk. Sami can't be here." He nods and tells Sami to go read to my mum.

"What's up?" He asks.
"You know I was sick this morning?" He nods.
"And I missed my period this month." He nods not catching on.

"And I ate a whole plate of cookies and cupcakes?"
"Lia where are you going with this?" He asks.
"I'm pregnant stupid!" I shout at him and then realised I blurted it out.

"Your?- mine?" He asks.
"Yes it's yours."
"How? your on birth control. It's like a 1% chance of this happening." He tells me.

"I didn't take them. It was an accident though. I was meant to get them as soon as I got to the UK but I forgot. I'm sorry." I say crying.

"Don't cry. It's ok. Now all we got to do is think about what we want." He says holding me close.
"Why aren't you angry at me? I thought you'd be raging about it." I ask him.

"Because now isn't the time to be angry. I am but I'm don't know what to feel right now." He whispered.
"But look at me." I looked at him.
"No matter what we are in this together." I nod hugging him so hard.

"We will talk about what we will do tomorrow. Just relax ok?" I nod feeling safe in his arms.

------------------------------------------
Rocco's POV
She fell asleep and I made sure she was covered before sitting on the chair by her window and FaceTiming coach. The only person that's like a father to me. Besides Declan but it's not the same.

"Rocco what's up?" He answers.
"Have you got spare time?" I ask him.
"Yeah let me just go to my office." I watched him go from the school building to the ice rink then into his office.

He propped up his phone and then sat down.
"Go. What's up?"
"I got Lia pregnant and now I don't know what to do. If we should keep it and if we do then where will the child stay and if I can provide for it." I explain.

"So Lia's pregnant?" I nod at his question.
"Well what do you want?" He asks.
"I don't know. I want to keep it but at the same time I don't."
"Why?"

"It's my first kid and I don't want to get rid of it but not now because we're not ready. 18 is earlier to have a family and plus I'm still a kid." That was all the truth.

"So you know you can't provide for it and you are just coping with Sami, what does Lia want?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know. We haven't talked about it yet but I know she never wants kids." I tell him.
"Well then. Talk to her weigh out the pros and the cons, and if the cons weigh out the pros then you have to get rid of the baby. Sorry Rocco but that's how life works. You make stupid choices and you get the consequences and for you it's not wearing protection." He tells me like a dad would.

"Why do I feel like I've already failed as a parent though?" I ask.
"Your a guardian at the moment not a parent. But you feel this way because your having to make a really hard decision along with everything else." I groan in frustration because I know he's right.

"Why can't I do things right? I always seem to fuck things up somehow and now Lia's bringing a life?!" I'm really stressing.
"Rocco you are an amazing hockey player, with a girlfriend that loves you, a little sister that is your world and a family that loves you."

"I don't have a family. I only have Sami." I tell him.
"You have Lia and her family who want to support you, you have the hockey team who love you and you have me to talk to any time. You have a family, my not be biological but we're a weird quirky big family." I chuckle a little at his last sentence.

"Thanks coach. But there's one more thing."
"What? You haven't got another one pregnant?"
"No! I love Lia I'd never cheat on her. If we do go through it how do I know I'm going to be a good dad?" I ask him.

"You don't. You wait 9 months mentally preparing yourself and when she's in labour you think 'what the fuck have I done' but when you see the baby you realise it was worth and you'd do anything to make sure your child has the world even if you have nothing." This is why I love coach.

I was about to speak when Lia sat up and started looking around. 
"Rocco?" She questioned moving in the bed.
I take my phone and place it on the bed.

"I'm here." I hug her.
"I had a nightmare that you left me." She cried.
"I would never leave go back to sleep." I say getting in and looking back at coach.

"That right there is now your main priority. Make sure she is treated like a queen."
"Ok. Thanks coach." I say.
"Your welcome, night Rocco." Coach says.
"Afternoon coach." I smile before hanging up.

I cuddle up to my pregnant girlfriend and put my hand on her stomach. I know there's nothing there yet but it's there.