Ten

Lia's POV
"You ok?" Addie asks and I nod my head picking at my salad.
"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask and the whole table was looking at me.

"What happened here?" Rocco comes to the table. With Wendy.
"Nothing just an awkward moment." Liam tells us.
"Hi guys" Wendy wiggles her fingers and winks at my brother.

Ditzy bitch.
"Hi Lia. Why are you dressed like that?" I looked down and I'm dressed fine.
"Like what?"
"Like a boy." I hate it when people say that. I get I act like a boy and dress like one but you don't need to point it out.

"Why you dressed like a prostitute? Oh look two questions that can't be asked." I smirk and Rocco was not happy.
"Rocky tell her to be nice." She cuddles in closer to Rocco and I roll my eyes.

"Lia. Be nice."
"Really? Ok fuck you Rocco." I say before giving my salad to Liam and walking off with Addie.
"Your not. You like Rocco!" She says stopping me.

"No I don't! Why would I like a dick like him?" I tell her angrily.
"Maddie leave her. Come and join me." She shouts which made me more mad. I don't like her.

"Don't have a go at me. I'm going to sit down ok? I need to finish my lunch." She walked away from me and I burst punching the locker behind me and walking to the toilets.

I put my bag down and sit on the counter and look at myself. I look ridiculous. Skating. Only thing on my mind.
I pick up my bag and take my skates from my locker leaving my bag in there too before going to the ice rink.

Empty. No practices.
I took my hockey skates because when angry skate fast.
As soon as I had my skate on I put on my music.

Skate fast rapping along with my music. Nothing is wrong.
I'm mad for no reason. I don't like Rocco. 

But Wendy infuriates me. With her short skirts and crop tops and heels and full covered makeup. I stop letting ice fly.
I'm jealous of her. But I can't see myself being like that.

I start skating again around and round until I got stopped by I tight hug.
They removed my earphone and it was Liam.

"Calm down and stop crying." I wipe my face. I was crying. I never cry.
"I'm not. Ice is in my eyes." I sat wiping them away. I'm not insecure. That can't be it.

"No you are. Come on. Off the ice." I skated off and I stopped crying. When I'm mad and can't express that I cry and that's worse because I'm one of the boys and boys don't cry.

"Why are you upset?" He asks.
"I'm not." I tell him and I tried to walk away but he held me by the shoulders.
"Why?"
"All everyone sees me as is a boy. Just because I play on the team. For once I want to be seen as a girl without having to dress up like one. For once I don't want to have to try to seem like a girl because I am one. For the past 12 years all everyone would see me as a boy. But I'm not! I'm not a fucking boy. I'm a girl but just because I don't do my hair and makeup up and dress up like one I'm a boy and I'm not Liam, I'm not." I broke down in front of my twin.

He hugged me hard.
"I know your not. We know people don't understand. You've tried hard to be where you are. A lot harder then any of us and they don't understand. No will because your unique but I know your strong willed and can get through this." He told me and I nodded.
"Now let's get you cleaned up huh?" I nod and he kisses my forehead before we walk back into the changing room and he wiped my face of all my smeared makeup.

"Can we just go home?" I ask him.
"Why? Your ok." He told me reassuringly. He's always been like that.

I remember when we were 6 and I cried because I fell over and he came over and picked me up and took me to the bathroom and wiped my tears and my knees and sat with me for the rest of the day.

"Why couldn't things be like when we were younger?" I say not really thinking.
"When everything was easier? I wish that sometimes too. But life doesn't get easier Lia." He sat next to me and I rested my head on his shoulder.

"I know

"I know. I wish it did though."
"Everyone does."