1 - Rest Of My Life

Six months earlier

* * *

I had my eyes closed, soaking up the Saturday morning sun. For the first time this whole week I was finally relaxed. I had missed out on the last week of school, but thankfully was given extensions for my projects, especially when they found out about what had happened. There was no way I could have kept this a secret from them because I didn't want my grades to be affected.

The past six days I was stuck packing up my belongings and cleaning the house, getting ready to move out, Isaac managed to find a three bedroom house for us to rent out. I had been curious about the house, however Isaac had been tight lipped about what the house looked like or where it was located. Either way, it didn't bother me.

I refused to live in our current house any longer, it was a shame though, it held such beautiful memories for the last two and a half months and all it took, was one dreadful night to change it all. I refused to think about it or that small piece of bandage on my arm, which will no doubt leave a tan mark from the sun but I didn't care. I had no desire to see the scars and definitely no desire to show them to people.

Refocusing because I didn't want to think about that anymore, it always made me emotional. I leaned up on my elbows to look around, I immediately spotted Michael and Alena building sand castles. I let out a laugh when I saw Drew grumpily filling the bucket of water for them, I instantly knew he was getting bossed around by his two younger siblings.

I looked past Drew and immediately spotted Isaac and Nikki having a water fight, I couldn't help but smile at how perfect they were for each other. I hope that they continued to work through whatever issues they had and didn't give up on their relationship.

I loved the fact that we all had two weeks of school holidays which officially start in two days. I was going to enjoy it before having to return to school on the 11th April, sitting in the sun sounded like the perfect plan in my eyes.

"Avery! Get your ass up!" Drew yelled from across the beach.

"Yeah, get your ass up!" Alena repeated which immediately caught my attention, Drew knew he was in deep shit because his smile instantly dropped, now turned into panic.

"SHE LEARNT THAT FROM YOU!" I yelled in anger as I immediately sat up in shock. I wasn't really angry but it was fun to play with his emotions like this.

It was amazing how quickly Drew had become protective over his sisters, it was as if no time had passed between us. The four of us had been hanging out a lot more, recently promising to do "siblings night" once a week, or at least try to commit to once a week.

"No she didn't!" Drew yelled out in panic but the light drained from his eyes when Alena responded with "Yeah I did"

"Go get your own water from now on!"

I let out a laugh as I jumped up and started running after Drew, Drew took one look at me before giving me a chuckle just as he took off running, refusing to get caught. We both ran past Michael and Alena who were both giggling and cheering me on. Drew however, shocked me when he suddenly turned around, I couldn't stop in time before he quickly bent over, throwing me over his shoulder and then making a run for it towards the water.

"Drew! Don't! I'll fucking kill you!"

"Uh oh... did someone swear in front of the younger ones?" Drew mocked. He showed no remorse when he effortlessly threw me up in the air and laughed as he watched me splash into the water. When I resurfaced, my attention was brought to my one-piece, luckily everything was still in it's correct place. I redirected my anger to Drew who was now smiling sheepishly at me.