59 - I Wont Give Up

* * *

With school officially finished, I have so much spare time on my hands. I was slowly starting to properly eat food again, so at least now everyone can get off my back about not eating. I can now go out with more with Jaxon without him having to remind me that there was no need to look over my shoulders. I still had my guard up, I just got better at hiding it. I didn't want to relax just yet because every time I do, something happens.

After Isaac dropped the biggest bomb on me, I wasn't too surprised when I started to think back at all our encounters from when we first met to when I met Noah. The signs were there however I was indeed too blind to see them. I wasn't going to dwell on what could have been. I was completely and utterly in love with Jaxon and even though I went down the wrong road, it still led me to be right here where I needed to be. With my family. I also know that Isaac was no longer hung up on me, he had indeed moved on also.

It's weird how everything was falling back into place for me, my life was finally at peace once again. I got my enter score the other day, managed to get 80% overall which was good but I know I could have done better. Whether I managed to get enough for University of Melbourne, I have no idea. To be honest, I have the envelope in my bag but I've been too scared to open it. I wish my mum was here with me when I open it. I let out a sigh as I debated whether to tell the others about it. I was so scared that I was either going to get in and they got rejected or the other way around.

'Please God, let all four of us get in to UOM.' I prayed in my mind.

The squeals from Alena and Michael reminded me now was not the time to be selfish. My dad wanted to have a family barbecue to celebrate "life and love" as he called it. No one argued because, well, it was a barbecue. The boys were all in agreeance as soon as they found out there was food. When we initially found out about this Drew decided that we should all bring our letters with us to open them all together. I had zero intentions of reminding them or asking if everyone had their letters because I was too scared to see my fate.

"Hey, nugget." Dad whispered.

I turned my head to see him standing at the door to his office.

"Can we have a chat for a minute?" He asked.

I looked at Drew, Jaxon and Isaac who were all sitting with me watching the television. They were so glued to the show that they didn't even register me getting up and walking into his office.

"Close the door behind you." He said as he opened the draw at his desk.

"What's up?" I asked, a little worried about what was going to happen.

"I need to give you something." He said as he handed me a slip of paper.

My heart sank down to my feet as I saw the cheque.

"Why is there a cheque for $750,000 in my name?" I asked.

"This was the clinics hush money to make us go away." He responded calmly.

"The clinic?" I asked, confused.

"Remember? I told you I was going to press charges and that I'd look after it? Well we went to mediation and this was their offer, so I accepted it because I knew we wouldn't be able to get that deal in court." He said as he smiled at me.

I shook my head in denial as I tried to give him the cheque back, "You have it. I can't take that."

"You can and you will." He firmly pointed out.

"Also, you are not to pay for your education or Alena's education with any of the money you now have. I will pay for your education as your father. You use that money to look after yourself and after Alena. For starters, buy a new car please."