37 - Anywhere

* * *

I sat on my bed motionless as I stared at my closet, hoping an outfit would walk out screaming "choose me", but that didn't happen. I didn't have the a computer that dressed me or showed me what the outfit would look like on me, clueless should have warned me about that.

'Where is my shoebox?'

I looked around as I got distracted by my own thoughts. It was on my dresser last and now it wasn't there. I let out a sigh as I shook my head, refocusing on the issue at hand.

What made it hard was the fact that I only got told to "dress nice but warm". I wasn't told where we were going. What does "dress nice but warm" even mean? Is that nice pants and a top? A dress? A skirt and a top? I was so confused and I felt hopeless as I didn't have Nikki with me this time around to help me get dressed. So I did the next best thing, I jumped on google and stole some ideas off these strangers who knew how to dress themselves. After wasting ten minutes of my time, I jumped off my bed in confidence and walked straight into my closet, hoping I can find something cute to wear.

I stood there going through each item until I finally managed to find a simple black skater dress, that had a small v neck cut just above the chest area and the sleeves were see-through lace. After trying the dress on and being satisfied with how it sat, I paired it up with black tights, my ankle boots and short leather jacket. I stared at myself in the mirror, smiling at my efforts. Doubt started to creep in my mind so I quickly walked away and into the bathroom before I changed my mind on the outfit.

I stared at myself in the mirror as I decided if I should put makeup on or keep it more natural. I let out a sigh as I stood there, I should be thrilled about my date but somethings got me in a mood. Detective Watson has me stressing out about Noah and whether I should press charges or not. The only reason I cooperated was because I knew it would help Jaxon's case, I just can't help the feeling of embarrassment. I felt so exposed and utterly vulnerable as I told them every single word that was passed between Noah and I. I let out a sigh before shaking my head, I wasn't going to let myself ruin this night. I looked up into the mirror before smiling at myself, I was going to have a good time and I wasn't going to be a downer about it. I grabbed the eyeshadow brush as I made the decision to wear a bit of makeup tonight.

* * *

I kept my eyes on our hands and how perfect they felt entwined. Jaxon had picked me up at 6:00pm sharp, luckily he had his car and not his bike because that would have been a rather interesting ride. Now, we sat with his hand on my lap as we drove to a destination only he knew. I sat blissfully in silence, completely unaware of my surroundings. When I looked out the window I had to blink twice to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

'What the hell are we doing at the pier?'

"Isn't it a bit cold to go swimming in the beach?" I asked as I looked over to Jaxon. I smiled as I saw his lips form into a smile before a chuckle escaped his lips.

"We aren't swimming, so your hair and makeup are safe."

I let out a light chuckle before playfully slapping his hand, "Thank you. You're so considerate."

"Anything for you babe." He said before looking over quickly at me to give me a playful wink, before concentrating on the road again.

I watched our surroundings in awe as he got closer to where the dock was, before parking the car. I went to open my door just as I had collected my coat and handbag, only to find that the door had already opened from the other side. Jaxon looked at me before smirking at me, opening the door wider as he mockingly bowed down, "We have arrived, Ma'Lady."