9 - Scars To Your Beautiful

* * *

"I was hoping you and Alena could come down for a weekend? I would love to see you girls."

I spent the better part of this afternoon befuddled. I kept repeating her question over and over again in my head. I was at a loss for words. I knew this was something I definitely had to talk to Alena about, there were things I could and have kept from Alena but this was not one of them. It's been a week since my mums revelation and I was left dumb founded. I had asked her to give me time to look at my school and work schedule. It was a quick cop out but no doubt the truth, some of it.

If we ended up deciding to go visit her.

I was becoming emotionally and mentally drained from all these surprises that were occurring. It was Friday and I had no intentions of going anywhere or talking to anyone, as soon as I get home I plan on having a hot shower before jumping into my pjs and binge watching TV.

As soon as we got home, Alena ran upstairs to drop her school bag into her room while I walked into the kitchen to start dinner. I was in the middle of dicing the onion when Isaac arrived home. My eyes creased in suspicion at the sight of Isaac in a suit.

'Where did he go that required him to wear a suit?'

'What does he do during the day when we are at school?'

"Honey, I'm home!" He called out from the front door. Rolling my eyes I chuckled at Isaac and his lame attempt at being funny.

"In the kitchen, dearie!" I responded, mockingly.

He laughed as he sat on the bar stool directly in from of me, watching me work as I continued to dice up the onions. When I looked up, my eyes locked with his, he had a serious look on his face that I couldn't explain.

"What?" I asked. I watched on as he blinked three times before lightly shaking his head.

"I know you missed me but ease up on the tears, baby girl." He whispered.

I pretended to laugh before flicking a few pieces of onion at Isaac.

"Hey! Easy on the Armani." He responded before taking his jacket and tie off, rolling up his sleeves exposing his tattoos.

"Dinner will be ready in twenty minutes, go put your sweats on." I said, not looking at him as I grabbed the pot from the cupboard.

Isaac, completely ignoring me, pushes me out of the way before grabbing my knife, continues to cut the onions for me. Rolling my eyes I proceeded to fill the pot with potato, we both continued to prepare dinner in complete silence. After ten minutes Isaac finally agreed to get changed because there wasn't anything left for him to do, the chicken parmigiana was in the oven cooking slowly. When he came back he took over mashing the potato and "demanded" I go have a shower and get changed.

Not arguing I did just that, grabbing a pair of black sweats and an oversized jumper I stole from Isaac, I was about to walk into the bathroom until I saw Alena standing at my door fiddling with her fingers.