31 - By Your Side

* * *

"Endless options?" I asked skeptically, as I stared at the neon sign for the entrance we were about to step into.

Jaxon turned to smirk at me which then slowly turned into a full grin, showcasing his small yet evident dimples. He playfully bit his bottom lip before leaning in to whisper, "Do you trust me?"

'Do I trust him?' I thought to myself as my eyes roamed quickly over his features. This time around, I knew the answer to that question in an instant. I let out a suppressed giggle before nodding slowly at Jaxon.

In the car on the way here, Jaxon made a comment about taking me out on the biggest "cliche" date according to him and I couldn't have been more excited. I was expecting something with water but was surprised when we ended up at the Carnival.

Grabbing a hold of his hand, we walked into Endless Options together. There were four rooms to explore, it started off with a room full of mirrors and laser lights and it was up to you to find the hidden door which led to the second room, a room full of bouncy balls. This was my favourite room so far because I got to dive in, feeling like a child again, playfully throwing the balls at Jaxon.

After several minutes, Jaxon had to practically force me out of this room because we had already spent way too much time in there, what we didn't expect was the next room to be a jumping castle. Literally the floor, walls and ceiling were covered, forcing us to jump across the room to the exit. We both laughed as we jumped around like fools, forgetting about all of our worries and just enjoyed each other's company.

We walked in to the final room which was a dead giveaway to a disco room, with the room black except the disco lights flashing and my favourite song blaring through the speakers. I instantly fell in love with this room, there was something about music that always connected to me emotionally.

I chuckled as I let go of Jaxon's hand, jogging ahead of him before stopping in the middle of the room. I stretched my arms out and tilted my head back, letting my hair roam free against my back, I couldn't help but let out a carefree laugh as I spun around playfully. When I stopped and looked back at Jaxon, he had a smile tugged at his lips as he watched my antics. I ran up to him before jumping on him, luckily for the both of us he had quick reflexes as he wrapped his arms around my waist, holding me protectively. He let out a chuckle as he playfully spun us around really fast, my giggle echoing as it vibrated against us.

Our spins began to slow down until we came to a complete stop, everything was truly slowing down for me as I looked down and studied Jaxon's features. My hair was tickling the sides of his face but it appeared to be the last thing on his mind, steadily he raised his hand and placed the strands of my hair behind my ear as his eyes alternated between my eyes and my lips. I became very aware of the proximity between us and that was enough for me to become nervous. I could feel the electricity pull me towards him, tempted to taste his soft lips against mine.

I didn't know if I was ready to kiss him though, the whole idea brought butterflies to my stomach. Quick thinking I lightly pushed at him so that he could drop me to my feet, reluctantly he did so. He watched me as I nervously giggled before grabbing his hand, moving us towards the exit. I was glad that he didn't force the situation on me or force something I wasn't ready for, he just held onto my hand and walked alongside me. We made our way to the exit before we started on our mission to find something else to do.

"Thank you, that was so much fun!" I found myself smiling as I said those words.

Jaxon chuckled as he nodded slightly, "You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it."