32 - To The Moon & Back

* * *

"I can't believe you made me eat that." I whined, before grabbing my water and skulling half of it.

Jaxon let out a light chuckle as he shook his head, "It's not that bad."

"Not for me." I said as I shook my head in disgust.

"More corn dogs for me then." He said before taking another bite. I bit on my lip to prevent the smile as I watched the way he ate at both his corn dog and while holding onto my one.

"What?" He asked, mouth full of food.

I let out a chuckle, shaking my head. I got up to plant a quick kiss on his cheek before getting up to go to the food truck, "I'm gonna go get some fries."

He quickly grabbed my hand to sit me down, "No, I'm going to go get you fries."

Rolling my eyes I let out a laugh as he replicated my actions, planting a kiss on my cheek before getting up to go to the food truck that was only a few feet away from where we sat.

This was the kind of date I appreciated, even though it was busy it still felt like it was just him and I around. After the "fluffy room" we both had gone back to the locker to get changed, I was thanking the Lord when they handed us a towel each, because I was freaking out trying to understand how on Earth I was going to put my clothes back on. Once we were dressed Jaxon led us both towards the food trucks which I was grateful for because I had worked up an appetite.

"Here you go, ma lady." He said as he placed two baskets of fries and a hot dog in front of me.

"If you tell me you don't eat hotdogs, then I'm sorry but this isn't going to work." He added.

I let out a laugh as I playfully slapped his arm, "I love hotdogs, actually."

He leaned forward across the table in between us until his lips were merely a few inches away, "Match made in heaven." He whispered.

I bit onto my lower lip as I smiled before leaning forward to give him a soft kiss on his lips, "Thank you for the food." I whispered back. He winked at me before sitting back in his seat, resuming his consumption of the corn dogs.

"So." Jaxon stated as he looked into my eyes.

There was something about the way he said it, it's like he knew a secret of mine and was waiting for me to say something. Just as he raised his eyebrow playfully at me, it all clicked in. Making me groan out loud.

"I know. I know. I should have had someone with me. I just thought that if I was in a public place, he wouldn't try anything." I said as I let out a sigh.

He leaned forward across the table to hold onto my hands before sighing, "I understand you want to see the good in him. You saw the good in me and I appreciate it but. Avery. Two different kinds of people. People like Noah, who need medical help don't change on their own."

"I know that now." I whispered.

He got up from his seat to come and sit next to me, wrapping an arm around my waist to pull me close, "Don't ever go by yourself. Not after everything I've told you. I can't bare to think about how he could hurt you if we aren't there."

I looked up into his eyes before smiling sincerely at him, "I promise. I've learnt my lesson."

He smiled at me before kissing my temple, with that said we both continued to eat our food. After we finished eating Jaxon was adamant that he wanted to win a large plush toy for me, so we ended up at the hoops game.