55 - Pray (Empty Gun)

* * *

I looked into into his eyes as he stood there with his hand over my mouth. I didn't want to make any sudden movements and neither did he. We both stood there waiting for the other to move but something in me told me not to piss him off. I needed to tread carefully with him, plan my next step and not let anger or fear take over.

"This all ends tonight." He whispered.

Just like that, I was angry. He didn't get to decide shit about my life. With all my force I kneed him in the crotch, knowing that will definitely piss him off. I had less than a second to run but I didn't get far because he gripped at my ankle again, making me fall to the ground. I tried to dodge the rock that was there as I fell to the ground but it still managed to hit the side of my head. I began to see stars and I knew that rock had done its number on me. I couldn't see straight as I began to claw at anything I could grab my hands on.

My body was shutting down on me at this point and I was scared to black out. I couldn't afford to black out. My head was beginning to feel light headed as I felt something trickling down the side of my face. I took one long blink to regain my focus but it didn't help. I felt my body float in mid air as I tried to understand my surroundings, I could see spots of green and could hear the bark cracking underneath his feet but had no idea where he was. It wasn't until I felt my body get settled down on a chair that I knew we were inside. I blinked hard before opening them wide, hoping it would help but all I saw was a blur of a figure standing over me. His hand reached out to touch the side of my face which made me wince in pain.

"Let's make our final night a special one." He said.

It was at that point my body gave up on me, making me black out completely.

* * *

My head was thumping so hard in my ears, it felt like I had a bad hangover that just didn't want to go away. I couldn't remember why I was feeling like this. I went to touch the side of my head when I felt the bandage on the side of my head but I couldn't move.

'What the hell?'

I forced my eyes open but was surprised to see that I was now sitting at the dining table. I looked to the far left where the back entrance was and then to the right where the walk way to the living room was. I shifted my eyes to my hands and just like that, it all came flooding back to me.

'I need to get out of here.'

'Where is he?'

I had all these questions but I couldn't answer them. Why was I tied up? What was he up to? How long did I have until it was too late? I shook my head to clear these questions, I needed to focus on the task at hand. I pulled at the rope that was tied around my wrists but it wasn't budging, all it was doing was causing red marks around my wrists. I stopped in defeat because I was only causing more pain to myself. I let out a huff as I leaned back in my chair as I looked around for something that could help me. My eyes locked onto my phone that was right in front of me on the other side of the dining table, out of reach.

"Fuck." I whispered out of anger.

My heart skipped a beat when I heard the door slam shut. I waited anxiously for him to walk in, surprised to see him walk in with groceries. I couldn't tell if it was a good thing or not. Maybe I wasn't dead as quick as I thought I would be. Maybe I had a chance to get out of here or call Jaxon for help.