15 - Incomplete

* * *

Every night I've sat awake seeking answers, trying to determine if the decision I made was right. It's been twelve days and that's all I think about. I see the way he looks at me during school like all he wants to do is corner me and blurt out his inner secrets, I can see it burning in his eyes. Typical Avery though, I do what I do best, avoid him like the plague. I'm scared to hear what he has to say, there's a part of me that doesn't want to hear it.

There's also a part of me that thinks this is the perfect opportunity for me to just let go and move on, start fresh. Every time I think of that though an image of Drew pops into my head. I can't just leave him, I spent so long looking for him and I wasn't ready to let him go. Call me selfish but he's one of the reasons why I stayed put.

'Jaxon as well'

Last time I was ready to carry on and be on my way, that was because I was fearful of Noah finding me. Now? He knows where I am, he will only keep finding me if I kept running.

'Admit it. He's another reason you stayed.'

I rolled my eyes at my conscious and how opinionated it can be at times. I didn't want to admit it but as much as I talk about moving on, there's a part of me that is still latched on to him and I have no idea why or how to get past it. Shaking my head from my own thoughts, I continued to clean the table getting it ready for the next customers. Work was a good distraction because I was constantly moving, sometimes my thoughts snuck in but most of the time I managed to keep them at bay.

My phone was always in my pocket though in case of an emergency with Alena, which thankfully Tom was okay with. Something told me Bianca probably had something to do with that but, I was appreciative none the less. My phone vibrated four times simultaneously causing me to stress out, thinking it was Lisa. Flashbacks from that last conversation I had with her came to mind, making me practically run to the kitchen to offload my tray before grabbing my phone. My heart sank as I read the messages.

Thu, May 12, 07:23 PM
Noah: Can you please meet up with me? Just to talk.

Thu, May 12, 07:23 PM
Noah: I need to show you something.

Thu, May 12, 07:23 PM
Noah: Please! Stop ignoring me, it's destroying me.

Thu, May 12, 07:23 PM
Noah: Ive got your name inked on my forearm to show the world I belong to you. The way you belong to me.

I stood there as I stared at his last message. He got my name tattooed? He would be sadistic enough to put it in the same location as the one he carved into me. Despite this revelation though, all I could think about was how I had totally forgotten to change my number. How could I be so stupid to forget that! I looked at the clock and noticed that I still had time, the shopping centre closes at nine. I bit on my lower lip as I weighed up whether I should ask Tom if I could leave early and make up for the extra hour and a half. I knew I could have just changed it tomorrow when I didn't work, but I didn't want to wait anymore. I wanted to change it now, I didn't want another day of worrying when I would receive his message and what it would contain. I walked slowly to Tom's office and stood there as I contemplated my idea. Just as I was about to knock, his office door opens causing me to jump in shock.

'Now you look like a creepy weirdo'

'Great work Avery'