56 - Fighter

* * *

"Eat your fucking food!" Noah growled out.

"I'm not fucking hungry!" I yelled back without hesitation, instantly regretting it when I saw the look he gave me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"I know what you're trying to do." He said calmly.

"What's that?" I asked

"You're trying to delay the inevitable and you're trying to piss me off so that I end this faster." He said as he leaned back in his chair.

"No, I'm not. I'm just not hungry."

"Fine." He mumbled angrily as he continued to eat.

My eyes wondered around the room in intervals. I would take a few seconds to look at one spot and then look back at him so I wouldn't get caught.

What felt like an eternity later, he finished eating before taking both of our plates to the sink, I stared at the fork that sat on the table. My eyes shifted to him as he chuckled lightly before grabbing the fork and placing it into the sink.

"Not tonight." He said as he grabbed my upper arm to lift me off the chair.

My heart immediately began to beat fast at the thought of us now leaving the room, knowing I had no idea what was happening next. I looked at the clock as we passed it by, it had been half an hour since I had spoken to Jaxon. It was at this point that I just remembered my phone was still in my back pocket, literally in reach for Noah if he found out about it.

"What do you want to do before it ends." He asked as he sat me on the couch.

"Before what ends?" I asked nervously.

"Your life."

My entire body began to shake nervously at how confident he was.

"I want to take a shower." I said.

He let out a laugh before stopping when he realised I was being serious.

"Why?" He asked.

"Well, if it's going to be my last night, I'd like to not feel or look like shit." I said.

He rolled his eyes as he let out a sigh, "Didn't take you to be so shallow."

I rolled my eyes, not responding to him because I knew I would only manage to piss him off. Frankly I couldn't care what I looked like but I needed a few minutes alone to try and get in touch with Jaxon or call the cops.

"Fine. Ten minutes".

I let out a laugh as I tried to appear relaxed, "Since when have I taken a shower in under ten minutes."

"It just dropped to five minutes. Try me again and I might have to sit in there with you to keep an eye on you."

"Ugh, pig." I said underneath my breath.

He let out a laugh as he grabbed my arm to take my upstairs to my bathroom.

"I know where the bathroom is, Noah."

"Well, it's a shame I don't trust you." He said.

"Are you not going to let me get a change of clothes?" I asked.

"No. You can wear them again." He said as he pushed me towards the bathroom.

I let out a groan as I closed the bathroom door behind me, locking is slowly and quietly so he wouldn't hear. I turned the water on before calling Jaxon on the phone.