23 - Blame

A/N: My laptop died a few weeks ago so it's getting repaired, which means I have to continue to write this story on my phone. Which annoys the crap out of me, but the show must go on for my little bears. X

* * *

"Hi boys. How was your day?" He asked. He hadn't noticed us yet until he turned his head to greet the boys but stopped mid sentence and just gawked at Alena and I.

His eyes kept alternating between Alena and I until his eyes didn't move from Alena's. You could see the realisation hit him the longer he stared at Alena. I wondered whether he knew we were coming and he had just forgotten, or if we had just blind sided him with our presence.

"Hey Dad. There's someone you should finally meet." Drew spoke with enthusiasm as his eyes flickered towards me for a second.

I watched on as my father quickly placed his coat on the chair before facing Drew again. It was like a scene out of a movie and I was just merely a viewer on the sidelines, I couldn't stop any of this from happening. I couldn't move or say anything. I was frozen in place.

"Daddy?" Alena asked.

I watched as he fell to his knees with arms wide open, in time for Alena to come running right into his arms. He quickly hugged her and held her in his arms. I was envious at the fact that Alena didn't remember much about what had happened between our parents, mainly because she was just a baby at the time. She wasn't holding on to a grudge like I was. I watched on as they hugged for what felt like an eternity. It stung a little when I heard the tears coming from both my sister and my father.

"My little girl." He whispered as they broke away from their embrace.

"You're such a big girl now." He added.

I knew that they were already bonding a lot faster than what he and I were doing. However, it's not like he could blame me. I'm the only one who seems to remember what he did. I watched on as he placed both hands over her cheeks to wipe her tears, before kissing her forehead.

"Hi, Avery. It's good to see you again"

I blinked twice before focusing on him, "Adrian. Good to see you."

I almost smirked when I saw him slightly flinch at my use of his name. If he thought I was going to refer to him as Dad or Daddy, he had another thing coming. He smiled sadly at me before looking back down at Alena.

"We have so much to catch up on. I want to know everything. How is school? What year are you in?"

Drew chuckled before shaking his head, "Chill Dad. I'm sure we have all day to catch up."

He smiled up at Drew before standing up, "Of course. I'm so glad you girls are here, please make yourself at home."

'Home.'

I mentally snorted at the thought of that. Well, I thought I mentally snorted but i hadn't, because Drew's eyes snapped back at me with enough force reminding me to be on my best behaviour.

"Lunch is ready guys!" Ashley shouted out from the kitchen. I internally let out a sigh of relief, this awkwardness was easier to deal with while I had a plate of food in front of me.