18 - 2U

* * *

I just stared at him in disbelief, it was happening and I couldn't stop it. Before I knew it, the smile crept slowly on my face until I let out a chuckle while shaking my head. He smirked at me before biting on his bottom lip, my eyes instantly followed their direction.

"So, what do you say?" He asked, right before he licked his lips slowly.

"Latte, two sugars."

He gave me my favourite smile before standing up to walk to his car.

"We can drop your car off, if you want?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat at the thought of being alone in a confined space with Jaxon. I shook my head lightly, "No, it's ok. I can just drive and follow you."

He tilted his head slightly to the side as he kept his eyes on me, "Don't want to be alone with me in my car?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I moved my hair back away from my face, "It's just easier this way."

I watched as he nodded before he walked towards my car door to open it for me. I smiled lightly at the gesture as I walked towards him. He waited until I sat down before he leaned over the frame of the car to look at me, "Follow me, okay?"

"Okay"

He closed my car door, lightly patting the roof of the car as he walked away to his car. My heart was thumping in my ears as I thought about the conversation we were evidently going to have. Was I ready for this? I wanted to be ready because I want everything laid out on the table, but there was also a part of me that was terrified of what information was going to be shared tonight. I let out a sigh as I turned my car on.

I drove in complete silence as I tried to come up with things to say to him. I didn't want to be left dumb founded by whatever he says, and miss the opportunity to tell him how I truly feel. I had been following him for about five minutes before he slowed down to look for parking. I was slightly confused about what was happening because we had passed a few slots just now. It all made sense when he reverse into one and there was another parking available right next to his car. He had been trying to find two parking spots next to each other. I shook my head lightly as I took the space next to his.

He was looking around as he waited for me to get out of the car. As soon as I stood next to him he smiled at me before pointing in the direction we had to walk in. We walked side by side in complete silence, not saying a word to each other. You could cut the tension with a knife. Even though it was a minute walk, it felt like we had been walking in silence for thirty minutes. I let out a relieved sigh when he opened the door to a small cafe before moving back to allow me to walk in first.

"Table for two?"

I smiled at the waiter before nodding. His eyes moved between Jaxon and I before grabbing two menus, making his way through to a booth in the corner. Grateful for the choice because it offered a little privacy for Jaxon and I to talk out our issues without worrying about who was listening.

"I'll be back in a few minutes to take your order." He said, smiling at me before walking away. I looked past the waiter towards Jaxon, to my surprise who was smirking at me.

"What?" I asked

He shook his head in humour as he chuckled, "You don't even know."