Epilogue

* * *

It's sad when I think about the last three to four years of my life. At the time I didn't know it would lead me to this point in my life. I have some regrets but I try not to let them get to me. After all, they say you learn from your mistakes, right? I'd like to think I've grown as a person, especially the way I was when I first stepped foot in this town, closed off and rude to people around me. Now, those people are my family and I didn't realise then how lucky I am to actually have them in my life. My friends are just as special as my family, they were in complete understanding as to why I didn't go to the final dance, but we are finally booking our paintball competition once again. We haven't told Laura yet but Drew will be there, alongside Lucas, Isaac and Jaxon.

"I feel like I have you to thank for keeping me safe that night. I was so close to getting shot but somehow I found the strength and I believe that strength is you, mum". I whispered as I looked at her grave.

I came to her grave today to clean it for her, replace her flowers and just talk to my mum. I refused to go talk to a professional, why go to them when I could have a conversation with my mum instead? Some people might find it crazy but I find it refreshing and I know deep down she's here, listening to me. My dad was kind enough to help me with her funeral expenses at the time and made arrangements for her to be buried here where we are, it was the only way we were able to still visit her whenever we wanted.

"So, I got into University of Melbourne. I'm excited for next year. I'm also concerned that I have Jaxon, Isaac and Drew all living with me under the one roof. They refused to let me get my own place, still concerned about my safety even though there's no need." I said as I sat on the ground in front of her grave.

"Alena is going to be staying with dad but will come to stay with me every second weekend and then on school holidays. I also promised her I would come and visit when I'm on holidays. Ashley has already begun decorating one of their many spare rooms for Alena, they wanted to do one for me but I insisted that I would share with Alena when I came to town. I know shes excited about it all, I created her an account and have placed money in there for her in case she needs to buy anything while I'm gone. She knows it's for emergencies and to not go crazy with it all. I know I won't be here but I promise she will be safe." My eyes began to water the longer I looked at her photo, it was like she was smiling at me.

"Unfortunately Isaac and Nikki broke up. I don't know what happened, they are both keeping a tight lip but, Nikki knows I won't take sides and that she's still my girl. She didn't get into University of Melbourne, but she got into Swinburne so at least we can still hang out. She also has Mason and Laura in the same campus so at least she's not alone. Peter decided he wants to travel for a year before going back to further studies and Michelle decided she didn't want to go to University and is looking for a full time job." I said as I smiled thinking about them.

I looked up at the sky as I tried to think about what else to tell my mum. I smiled and closed my eyes as a nice cool breeze went past me.

"Jaxon has been so good to me mum. It's scary how much I love him and how lucky I am to actually have him in my life. We have zero secrets and we are always talking about our problems and I think that's why we are so strong, that and the trauma we have gone through together. I really do believe that he's my forever, I can feel it in my bones. It's funny I say that because I was definitely not looking for love when I came to this town and tried to push him away so many times, but here he is and he's all mine." I said as I smiled just thinking about us together.