26 - Mic Drop

* * *

"Jaxon? What are you doing here?" I asked as my eyebrow raised in suspicion. I watched his every movement as he slowly pushed himself through the door before turning around to face me, smiling.

"I'm here to escort you to your race." He said calmly.

I immediately let out a groan as I tilted my head back to look up at the ceiling, "Fucking hell, Isaac."

He let out a chuckle which caused me to lower my head to look at him. You could see that he's just come out of the shower because not only did he smell amazing but his hair was still slightly damp. I swallowed the lump in my throat as I realised how alone we truly were.

He raised his eyebrow slightly at me as he smirked, "You ready to go, Barbie?"

I blinked back twice as I looked around, "Uh-yes. I am. Let's go."

I walked towards the door but stopped to stare at him in confusion because he hadn't moved. He let out a chuckle before pointing to his head, "Your wig."

"What about it?"

"You don't have it on."

I blushed at my own stupidity as I shook my head at myself, "Right. I'll be back."

I ran up the stairs to my room to gather my belongings and place my wig on. Just as I was about to leave I remembered my pain killers, thanking God that I got my refill but stressing out that it was my last refill, any more and I'd need to refer to the doctor again. Placing the pills inside my pocket of my jeans jacket, I grabbed my bag and made my way back downstairs.

"Ok, let's go."

"Got your mask and beanie?" He asked sceptically, as he opened the front door for me.

"Yes." I responded as I checked my bag, before locking the house up.

"Beautiful." He said, opening the passenger door for me to enter. I waited in the quiet space as I watched him effortlessly lift my bike up and place it in his boot space, before strapping it up and securing it in its place.

"Anything you need before we go?" He asked as he got into the drivers seat.

I smiled at him as I shook my head, "No."

"Oh and thanks for doing this, Jaxon." I added.

"Of course. I would never let you do this on your own." He spoke with confidence in his tone.

I looked straight ahead as my eyes took in the environment we drove past. The car was filled with this force that I couldn't quite explain. It constantly had my eyes redirecting to my right, where he was sitting patiently as he drove us to our destination.

"Avery." He spoke calmly.

"Yes?"

"What things do you need to do?" He asked.

I looked at him, confused for a few seconds by his question.

"Remember, you said you couldn't go on a date without doing these things first? What are they?"