48 - Praying

* * *

This was it...

I stared at myself in the full length mirror making sure I looked presentable thanks to Ashley, she helped me buy a few outfits fit for court. It's been five days since that dreadful fight between Jaxon and Noah, a lot has happened since then. I got a call the next day saying they got the court date and it's been made a priority by the judge, but they wouldn't tell me why. My hands smoothed the front of my pencil skirt, then making sure my top was tucked in and lastly pulling my jacket forward to make sure it sat in the right place.

"Stop stressing." Isaac called out from my doorway.

My head whipped towards his voice and I shook my head repeatedly, "I'm freaking out, Isaac. I don't want to do this."

"No. You do, don't let the nerves get to you! We've practiced with your dad and Oliver so many times on what we need to say." Isaac said

I let out a sigh as I lowered my head in shame, "I'm sorry I dragged you into this."

"You didn't. I dragged myself into it. He needs to pay for the pain he's put you through."

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I exhaled loudly, "I'm ready."

"Let's go get this bastard."

When I made my way downstairs I smiled when I saw Jaxon and Drew sitting in the living room. I thought they were going to meet us there, I was more than happy when I saw them here. Ashley had taken Michael and Alena to stay with her, my dad didn't want them there at all, and I couldn't agree more.

"You look beautiful babe." Jaxon whispered as he leaned down to kiss me on my lips.

"Ew." Drew said, boredom evident in his tone.

"Get used to it." Jaxon responded back.

"I am used to it, doesn't mean I can't comment on it." Drew said as he playfully pushed Jaxon away from me. I let out a laugh as I rolled my eyes.

"Lets get going before they both start." Isaac said as he grabbed Drew's keys.

"Do you mind?" Drew asked as he raised an eyebrow in question.

"Nope. Not at all." Isaac responded calmly as he walked out the front door.

"I hate when he drives my car." Drew groaned out before following suit.

Shaking my head I walked out with Jaxon before locking up. I tried not to over think this, I wasn't going to try and over think it, my answers were going to be as brutally honest as I could get them. I was nervous but I was ready for this.

It's definitely been a trying few months, Oliver knew about every aspect of my relationship with Noah. He knew everything, the good, the bad and the ugly. According to him it was important I was transparent with him to help prepare me for what to expect.

The last time I was in a court room I was sitting as a bystander with Jaxon, today I was front row attention but luckily I had Oliver to my right and my dad to my left.

"We bring Mr Isaac Adams to the stand."

My heart skipped a beat when I heard his name, it felt weird hearing it and I just hoped he wouldn't get in trouble. I would never forgive myself if Isaac got in major shit because of me.

"Mr Adams. A reminder that you are under oath." The judge said sternly.

"Yes sir." Isaac responded as he placed his hand on the bible that was in front of him by the Bailiff.