29 - Rolling In The Deep

* * *

It's been a week since filing the incident report with the police. I know I went to the police out of impulse and I regretted it the moment Drew pulled up at the station. However despite my reservations, I knew this was something that had to be done. It was like I opened up a can of worms. As soon as I arrived the cops automatically assumed I was there to give them more information about what had happened to me on that night. Yes, I probably should have told them it was Noah who did it but I hadn't. Its not like it would take a genius to see who did it, look at my arm for God's sake. As soon as Drew explained what had happened at the Cafe I was getting nervous because the last thing I wanted was for Drew to get into trouble, especially if we had a rude cop that day. He/She could easily make our lives hell. Luckily, we had an extremely understanding cop who only gave Drew the speech about how "violence is not the answer."

After filing the incident report I was ready to leave, until Detective Watson walked in. Detective Watson was the one managing my case and was investigating what happened that night. He took one look at me before directing me to his office, he wasn't too pleased to see that I tried to leave without him noticing. I took one look at Drew who only encouraged me to go in, grabbing a hold of Drew's hand I pulled him along with me. There was no way I was able to talk to Detective Watson without his support.

"Ms Winters. It's been a while." Watson said, disappointment evident in his tone.

I let out a sigh, "Sorry, Boss. Been busy."

"Too busy to help lock up your ex?" He asked as he leaned back against his chair.

I raised my eyebrow up in question, "I never gave names."

"Doesn't take a genius. However, we can't prosecute him for that night unless you identify him and yes we are running out of time." He responded.

I bit on my inner cheek as he leaned in to whisper cockily, "So, when are you going to cooperate with us? We want the same outcome, Avery. I don't take too well to guys like him who get away with their crimes because of fear."

"I am not afraid." I forced the words out in anger.

"Yes, you are. You know that you are. If you weren't, you would come in to tell us everything you know about Noah and what happened that night." He responded calmly.

I took a deep breath before exhaling angrily, I wanted nothing more than to scream and strangle someone.

"Let me help you." Watson whispered in desperation.

"Hypothetically, what would it require me to do?" I asked.

Watson smiled before answering, "Well, you come in next Friday, go through everything that happened that night, there's some holes in the story that we need to clarify-"

"I have school" I stated.

"Holes?" Drew asked in confusion at the same time as me.

"Yes, there is twenty minutes unspoken for." Watson responding to Drew. However, disregarding my comment.

I knew exactly what part he was referring to but I didn't have the stomach to say anything, so I kept my mouth shut.

"When?" Drew asked as his eyes directed towards me, before his eyes fell down to my forearm. Realisation sunk in as the anger began to settle in on his features.

"Then what?" I asked as my direction moved towards Watson.

"Then, we talk about what you know about this accident that he had several months back. We gather as much evidence against him and we start building a case. This means you will need a lawyer."