57 - Say You Wont Let Go

* * *

I held onto Noah as I watched him lay there lifeless. I didn't want to kill him I just wanted him to leave me alone. What had I done? How was I going to explain this to his parents? To Lenny? To Isaac? Panic started to set in as all these questions started to roam through my mind. I looked up at Jaxon thinking he would have the answers but he was just stuck in the middle of this. I could see the pained look on his face as he just sat next to me with a hand on my shoulder, unable to console me. I looked down at Noah, surprised to see his eyes wide open staring at me.

"Noah?!"

Just as I said his name, he quickly grabbed the gun, aimed at Jaxon and shot him right between the eyes.

"Jaxon!" I screamed out in agony as I crawled quickly towards him.

"No!" I cried out.

"Why would you do that! He had nothing to do with this!" I screamed out. The tears were free falling down my eyes as I placed both hands on either side of his cheek. I slowly stroked his face as if to think it would bring him back to life. I was a complete mess, crying harder and harder every time I saw him just lay there.

"Avery." Noah said.

It was the way he said my name that made me slowly look up to him, only to see the gun was now pointed at me.

"I'm sorry." He said, before pulling the trigger.

"No!" I screamed out.

My body jerked up screaming as I patted my entire face and looked around the room, only noticing I was in my current bedroom, no longer the house that carried all my pain.

"Hey, you just had a bad dream." Jaxon whispered.

I quickly looked over at him before crying out loud and hugging him.

"Hey, what's wrong, babe?" Jaxon asked, pain evident in his voice as he wrapped his arms around me. I couldn't find the words so I just squeezed tighter, to make sure he was really there. I continued to cry as I ignored his question and just hugged him, taking in the scent of his shampoo. He understood as he just continued to hug me, rubbing my back slowly while trying to calm me down.

"I'm sorry. I just had a really vivid dream that I don't want to ever see come true." I said, forcing the words out in between my cries.

"Wanna talk about it?" He asked softly.

"No. I just want to forget about it. It was just a dream." I whispered.

"Babe. I don't mean to bring this up again but, you really need to talk to someone." He said before kissing my shoulder.

"Can we talk about this tomorrow please?" I asked as I looked at him.

He wiped the tears from my face before nodding and laying back down, bringing me with him as I laid my head onto his chest. I took in his presence as I tried to remind myself that it was a dream. I now knew for a fact that Noah was never going to hurt us again.

I couldn't say much for the rest of his gang though.

* * *

Two Weeks Later:

It's been two weeks since that night with Noah and I've had bad dreams ever since that night. I was a complete mess at the hospital when the insisted they check my injuries even though I told them I was fine. I've told the police what happened that night so much that's it's forever imprinted in my mind. My dad went into complete panic mode when he arrived at the house and saw me covered in blood. My lawyer was now working over time to make sure I didn't get charged for Noah's death because it was in self defence, but his family won't see it that way.