20 - Friends

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR MY LITTLE BEARS!
I'm officially in 2018! I'll see all my international bears there soon! Xx

P.S: I'm a little on the happy drunk side so excuse the spelling mistakes. 💁🏽‍♀️🙋🏽‍♀️🙆🏽‍♀️

* * *

It's been two weeks since I had that coffee date with Jaxon. Well, not a date. It was more of a meet up, definitely was not a date. Even with just one meet up, it's a lot easier to talk to him. I think mainly it's because we weren't dancing around our issues or secrets anymore. He was open and honest about everything that was happening behind my back. There's that little banter that's back between him and I.

However, that's where it stops. It's all just been friendly. Don't get it wrong, I appreciate the fact that we are going slow. He's respecting the fact that I asked to think about our situation and not dive into the deep end. I just needed time to think about us and what I want in my life.

Was I really ready for an us again? Do I want to be in this relationship with Jaxon? I felt conflicted about it all.

I let out a sigh as I closed my eyes just as the cool breeze blew past me. I opened my eyes and chuckled as I caught up with the conversation my friends were currently having.

"Are you guys still arguing about when to go paintball?" I asked before taking a sip of my orange juice.

It was currently lunch time but the guys decided they wanted to sit outside today because it wasn't completely horrible outside. So, here we sat on a picnic bench in the seniors garden while debating when to go out as a group. Technically, Peter and Mason were debating while Nikki, Laura, Michelle and I listened on. I never realised it was this hard to all agree on a date to go out, I was so used to being called on the night and given fifteen minutes to get ready because I was getting picked up. This was a whole new world for me.

"We are not arguing, we are having a manly discussion." Peter added before throwing a chip at me, successfully landing inside my top. The rest of the group erupted in laughter when they saw the shock on my face.

"I swear! I was not aiming for there!" Peter forced the words out in between his laughter.

I let out a chuckle as I pulled the chip out before throwing it back at him, hitting him in the face, "You're such an asshole."

"You love me, Winters" Peter responded before leaning his arm over the picnic bench to offer me his chips. I leaned forward to grab one, smiling at him before eating it.

"I swear, a way to this woman's heart is to share your food." Mason said, I turned my head to the left to challenge him but I let out a chuckle when I saw him smiling at me.

"Back to business!" Peter said, clapping his hands before rubbing them together.

"It's not that difficult. Can everyone do the day after tomorrow?" Michelle asked.

"Normal people call it Saturday." Mason replied, resulting in the rest of us to chuckle lightly as Michelle groaned.

"Asshat." She mumbled underneath her breath.

The group fell silent shortly after Michelle's outburst, so I decided to respond seeming everyone else didn't know how to, "I think I can, I gotta see Alena first but if memories serves correctly, I think she has Sarah's birthday tomorrow."