49 - Rehab

* * *

"Ms Winters, what happened on March 19 2016 when you were home alone?" Oliver asked.

I took a deep breath before answering, "I was home packing our belongings to leave."

"Why were you leaving?" He asked.

My eyes flickered towards the jury, "I received a message from Noah saying he'll see me soon, I panicked out of fear and figured running was my best option."

"So what happened when you were half way through packing?" He asked.

"Noah was already inside my house telling me how much he missed me."

"I refer you all to exhibit A, this is what resulted that Night, he engraved his name in my clients arm as a way of "marking his territory." Oliver said as he handed out an A4 piece of paper to the Judge and Jury. I thought that was it until he walked towards something next to the Judge and removed the black curtain. It was an A3 size copy of my arm before it got stitches so it was quite grousem to look at. However, in a weird way it was refreshing to hear a few gasps because it meant they were shocked by the content.

"Ms Winters, please explain what was said prior to this happening?" Oliver asked.

This was the first time my eyes landed on Noah, I almost got a sense of satisfaction when I could see that he was still healing with a bruised and battered eye and a cut lip. Jaxon must of really done a number on him. Regardless of that though, I kept my eyes straight ahead because I was terrified to look at the photo. Hell, I still had the bandage on and it was merely a scar now, if I couldn't look at that then I had no hope in looking back at the fresh cuts.

"He said he wanted to play a game. For every message I received from Jaxon or Isaac, he would carve his name in."

"Can you clarify who Jaxon is to you for the Jury?" Oliver asked.

"He's my boyfriend but at the time we had broken up."

"For the record, Avery received three messages which means he got to carve the N.O.A. Ms Winters, what happened that the H got there?"

I inhaled slowly before exhaling, "Isaac had called my phone and got into a fight with Noah when Noah answered it. He said that because they pissed him off, he has to carve the H in to show the world I belong to him."

"Thank you. No further questions." Oliver said before discretely winking at me. I let out a sigh hoping I was finished until Vince stood up again, much to mine and Oliver's shock.

"Ms Winters, you said you feared for your life but you weren't cooperating with the police at all. Why's that?"

"I was scared to."

"So you were scared for weeks to press charges and now out of the blue you decide to press charges?"

"It wasn't out of the blue. I was terrified of him, look at what he did to my arm. It took a lot of courage for me to finally press charges."

"It sounds to me someone pressured you." He said

"Objection!" Oliver said.