21 - No Promises

* * *

Drew shook his head in denial before smiling at me, "I meant at my home, with the entire family."

I stood still, blinking a few times before I started to chuckle while shaking my head, "Not gonna happen."

"Why, you scared?" He asked as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"No, I already said I would try."

"This is different."

"How so?!" I responded.

"This makes it more real. No more dancing around the situation. I win, I pick you guys up tomorrow."

The idea of having lunch with my father tomorrow sounded almost unbearable. Drew knew me too well, we both knew that I was probably never going to give it a chance. He knew I would constantly find excuses to avoid meeting up with him again. It made me nervous that there was a chance of me losing this game. It had nothing to do with fitness because you could see that Drew and I were quite fit but it all came down to who would be a better shooter.

"What if I win?" I asked.

Drew shrugged his shoulders before responding, "What do you want?"

I thought about what he had said just then and the fact that we never expanded further about him meeting mum. He didn't seem to keen about the idea but put on a show for me. I smiled as I made the decision on what I wanted from this deal. I heard Lucas chuckle as he walked over towards Isaac, "It's never a good thing when a girl smiles after that question."

I looked at Lucas as I chuckled before turning my attention to my brother.

"If I win, we go see mum next weekend."

My smile widened as his disappeared from his face, starring at me in disbelief.

"Seriously?" He said as his hands raised just before they hit the sides of his thighs. I let out a chuckle as I nodded.

"You. are. so. on." He said as he grabbed his gun to wrap it around his back.

"Bring it on, big brother." I said, patting his shoulder before walking towards the rest of the guys in my team.

"Battle of the siblings! Who wants to put a bet in on who will win." Lucas said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Bets on Avery."

"Drew all the way."

"I think it will be a tie."

We all stopped to look at Isaac as his words came out.

"A tie?" I asked.

He licked his lips as he nodded innocently.

"Do you have no faith in me?" I asked jokingly.

He chuckled before shaking his head, "No, I do. But you know I never back down from a good bet."

"So, we doing this or what?" Drew asked.