12 - Don't Stop The Music

* * *

"You ready to get this party started?" Drew asked as he playfully rubbed his hands back and forth. I let out a chuckle as I climbed into his Jeep. I hadn't really spoken to him properly since my outburst at the cafe, but it wasn't awkward between us which I appreciated.

"You're a legend for picking me up!"

"What are big brothers for!? Besides, I owe you one for agreeing to come with me as my date to this thing."

"Here's hoping this party is a lot more welcoming, unlike last time." I joked around as I buckled my seat belt.

"Mate. If Nick knows what's good for him, he'll be on his best behaviour tonight. He'll get a shock of his life when he finds out you're my little sister." Drew glanced over at me as he smirked.

"Ease up on the word little. No need to play the big brother card. Put it away cowboy." I managed to form the words in between my laugh.

"I should be entitled to use the big brother card at least once Ave! It's the rules!"

"Says who?!" I asked as my nose creased I'm disbelief.

He waved his hand in a circular motion before shrugging his shoulders.

"You made up the rules!"

"Totally did but I'm the oldest, it's allowed." Drew calmly stated as he kept driving. I let out a chuckle as I rested my head against the headrest.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little anxious to see Jaxon again. We didn't exactly end well with our argument, I think we just need time alone to hash out whatever issues we have, because if we have no hope of getting back together then I need closure from this thing we had.

"So, what did you get up to tonight?"

My head turned to the right to look at Drew who still had his eyes on the road. I studied him for a second to see if he was genuinely asking me or if he knew and was testing me.

"I just caught up on homework and then watched some movies. Had the house to myself." I kept my tone calm as I responded.

"You were on your own?!?" He asked as the car came to a stop at a red light, before turning his head to look at me. He moved so fast that his hair tousled slightly, landing just above his eyelashes. It was distracting enough that it made me want to move it away from his eyes, but I didn't want to look like a weirdo to him. 

Something told me to change my story, it was like a gut feeling that I had. So I chuckled lightly before raising my hand to slap it on my leg, "No, I meant I had the house to myself but my friends came over. We just chilled and watched movies. You should have come."

I knew I made the right decision when I saw Drew visibility relax before smiling at me, "Good. If you are ever alone please make sure you call me."

"Sure." I said.

"Where was Isaac tonight?"

It wasn't so much the question but how he asked it. I couldn't tell if he already knew the answer to that and wanted to see my response or if he genuinely didn't know where Isaac was.