5 - Secrets

* * *

What? A chapter update? Two updates in one week? Say it isn't so!

Surprise!! I know, I know... I'm awesome! Lol 💋 enjoy, my little bears xx

* * *

Drew's POV:

"Have you spoken to her?" His voice echoed from behind me. I shook my head as I rolled my eyes at my dad's question. Closing my eyes I mentally counted to ten. The only question he seems to be asking me lately. Not, how was work? How was your day? No, it was always a question of some form relating back to Avery. I know he means well but he's hovering and I know that would only scare Avery away if I messaged her every time he asked me to. I may not know her for that long but I already know for a fact that being persistent would not help the situation we are currently in, but he's a stubborn old man who won't listen to me.

I tightened the towel around my waist before turning to face my dad who was leaning on the doorframe of my room with his arms crossed over his chest.

'What's the point of having a door if your parents open it whenever they feel like it?'

"No boundaries dad. Seriously?!" I said, with both hands pointing down towards the towel.

"Nothing I haven't seen before, son." He chuckled before walking to sit on the edge of my bed, leaving my door wide open which only aggravated me more.

I let out a chuckle as I shook my head at him before turning back, grabbing my clothes and walking into my bathroom to get dressed.

"I messaged her already now three times, right in front of you as well. Let me wait on her response before I message again okay? I don't wanna freak her out." I yelled out, so that he could hear me from behind the closed door. I was surprised at the silence, maybe he was finally comprehending what I've been trying to say.

"Your phone beeped! Check if it's her." His voice muffled through from the bedroom. I cursed the moment I forgot to bring my phone with me, instead of leaving it on my desk.

I let out a sigh as I walked back into my room, "Dad, you really need to chill."

"I am chill."

"Yeah, right." I stated, letting out a laugh. Grabbing my phone I checked to see who the message was from, sure enough it was Avery. My eyes widened at her response, I almost let out a laugh because I didn't expect anything less from her.

Tue, Mar 29, 10:00 PM
Avery: Tell Adrian to go to hell

"Was that Avery? What did she say? Has she agreed to meet up? Let me see."

I looked between my phone and my dad as I tried to figure out a way to tell him. I bit my inner cheek as I contemplated my words.

"She uh- said she'll think about it." I forced the words out, quickly locking my phone. I could see the disappointment in his eyes as he let out a sigh before nodding.

"That's all I can ask for I guess. Thanks son."

"No worries dad."

I watched as he slowly made his way out of my room. I let out a sad sigh as I threw my phone on my bed. I don't blame her at all but it's so hard not to beg her when I see my dad upset like that. I just wanted to grovel in front of her, beg her to give him a chance. I knew he was a great father but she didn't, I understood why she was reserved. I personally don't think it's necessary but then again, I haven't gone eight years without my father. I let out a frustrated growl at the entire situation.