36 - Bring Me Back To Life

* * *

The next four days flew past in a blur for me, it's like the universe couldn't wait for me to go to the police station on Friday. School has been good, maybe because I don't bump into Brittany anymore or every time I look at Jaxon, he's already smiling or winking at me. Like he knows when I'm about to look at him.
The last couple of weeks with him have been interesting, since our date we have hung out more but nothing has happened in the sense of us kissing or anything like that. It's left me severely confused. I wanted to ask him yesterday when we were sitting in the secluded park, which has become a bit of a ritual for us every Wednesday. However, the moment I looked into his eyes, I couldn't force the words out. I chickened out, instead telling him about my meeting I had tomorrow, changing the subject completely.

I had spoken to the principle to let them know that I wouldn't be in Friday because of this very reason. It was school holidays but I had put my hand up to participate in extra curricular by helping with setting up stages for Drama. Her response was "No worries. I understand. I will need to confirm this with your father though. I hope you understand." This honestly made me chuckle a little, it's been a while since anyone has been able to say that to me. It felt good to hear it to be honest, so of course, I encouraged her to call my dad. So, now here I was at work, counting down the hours for my meeting tomorrow. I shook my head slightly to regain focus before I started to clear the table that was in front of me.

"Avery, have you had your dinner break yet?" Tom asked.

I smiled guiltily at him before shaking my head. My twenty minute break has been pretty consistent and always at 7pm. The problem with that, everyone knew when I didn't take my break. Tom walked over to me before taking the tray off me, "Go take your break. Besides, there's someone who wants to see you, waiting in the break room."

Confused by who it could be, I made my way into the break room. I was smiling from ear to ear as soon as I opened the door, there was a perfectly set up dinner table with plates for two. As I opened the door wider, there he stood with his hands in his pockets. I walked over to him with a smile on my face, he wrapped his arms around my waist as soon as I came to reach.

He placed a soft kiss on my temple before whispering, "Want to have dinner with me?"

I let out a light chuckle before nodding, "I would love that."

"It will be the quickest dinner we have ever had." He added as he pulled out the chair for me. I playfully slapped his shoulder as I sat down and really took in the layout of the table. There were two plates each with a silver dome protecting the food, two candles lit up with a small bundle of roses in a skinny vase. I smiled up at him as he took a seat across from me.

"Dinner is served, ma' lady." He said as he removed the dome, revealing a delicious looking steak with a side of mash and grilled vegetables.

"Where's your car? I didn't see it when I was parking." Jaxon asked as we began to eat our dinner.

I let out a sigh before shaking my head, "Something's wrong with the battery. Happened to me last night so Drew's taken it to look at it for me."

"How did you get here?" He asked as he stopped cutting into his food.

"I walked." I said, before taking a sip of the water.

"On your own?" He asked, worry evident in his tone. I let out a chuckle as I nodded my head.

"Where the hell was Isaac? Why didn't you tell me, I would have dropped you off." He said.