3 - Heavy

R.I.P Chester! Your music will always have a special place in my heart! (Yes, this is how early I wrote this chapter. I'm sorry!)

* * *

Alena always had superb timing, it's like she could sense when something was wrong with me, that one phone call had momentarily redirected my emotional state to now focus on my little sister. It helped in times like these where everything was slowly crashing down around me in my life. Alena was the only one who had the power to truly calm me down and make me focus on the bigger picture.

After walking in silence for a few minutes, I suddenly felt a sense of worry wash over me, I involuntarily looked around because of it. It was only then did I realise just how alone I truly was, the street was deserted and eerily quiet. Two elements I always tried to avoid, I was about to calm down until I noticed the black car that was driving at a really slow pace. It wasn't normal for cars to drive this slow, was it? I contemplated whether I should just walk up to the car, ask and confront them about what their problem was. That idea lasted two seconds when I realised what happened last time I tried to do something I shouldn't have.

"I didn't want to do this Ava!!"

I shook my head in fear just as the memory of Noah's fist had connected with my jaw. Now was not the time to reminisce about that night. I knew I had to just ignore the car and keep pushing forward, I couldn't show that I was somewhat scared about the possibilities of it being Noah. After a few more minutes, I slowly turned my head to try and discretely look behind me, sure enough the car was still there. I knew for a fact, this car was following me because I had been walking for a good ten minutes now. All ideas were thrown out the window as I started to pick up the pace and walk faster.

Just as I predicted, the car picked up its pace, only making me panic more as my heart started to beat faster and louder in my ears. My mouth went dry as I thought about Noah, I didn't want to go through this again. I didn't think I was emotionally stable to do this again. I successfully made myself go into panic overdrive as I started to run, full speed ahead. I placed a hand over my stitches on my stomach to prevent too much movement in that area as I ran. I didn't want to run home because I didn't want him to know where I lived so I tried to think of the safest place that was closest to me.

'Drew'

With that in mind, I started to run in the direction of Drew's house, as I turned left I could hear the car skid as it turned. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket, unlocking it to call Drew. What I didn't expect was the car to abruptly turn right, leaving me alone once again. I immediately stopped in my tracks, confused about what had just happened. Had I been imagining this? Was I that paranoid that I thought this car was following me, when in fact it wasn't? What was happening to me? Was I officially losing my mind?

I looked around and once again I was in fact alone, slowly walking to a bench, I sat down before bringing my knees up to my chest. Leaning my forehead against my knees, I needed a few minutes to calm down and bring my heart rate back to normal. A sob escaped my lips as I tried to hold my cries in like I had been doing for the last week or so. Tonight, I wasn't that strong and finally let myself cry. Cry because of everything that has gone wrong, cry because of the state that Noah has left me in and cry because I felt like I was losing myself. I wasn't sure if I was slowly losing a sense of myself or if I had already lost it and I just haven't registered it yet.

After a few minutes, I recollected my thoughts and my emotions. I looked up at the stars, taking in a deep breathe before exhaling out through my mouth, sighing in the process. Picking myself up, I got up and walked home, occasionally looking back to make sure I was in fact alone and wasn't being followed.