33 - Mama

* * *

Last week I had one of the best nights of my life. I was shown what it was like to really let my hair down and enjoy my life. Jaxon has awoken this energy within me and has brought a smile onto my face. Everything was finally falling into place, I was in a really good place right now. I thought I didn't get closure with Noah, but after the way he grabbed me in front of strangers made me realise that he was nothing but a lying bastard who was never going to change. Meeting up with him also made me realise that I wanted to be with Jaxon and only Jaxon.

Jaxon and I have been on good terms, we have spoken almost every day since our date. Come to think about it, we talk before, during and after school. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend or anything, which I kind of appreciate because we are taking it slow this time around. We don't even show any form of affection at school which is exactly what I want. The girls who crush over him are crazy; Brittany for example.

Jaxon had wanted to hang out this weekend but I told him that I had plans, which I did. I was supposed to go see my Mum last week with Drew but with everything that happened with Noah and the police, I had to reschedule. Drew thought I had forgotten about our deal but little did he know. So, here Alena and I were on a Saturday morning waiting on Drew to arrive at our house. He was adamant that he would drive us to the clinic, which I wasn't complaining for because it meant I got to relax while he drove for all those hours.

The closer we got to the clinic, the more nervous I got. I don't know if I was nervous more for Drew or my Mum, I was nervous for both of them, nervous that they wouldn't hit it off. I was that nervous that that all I could do was talk about it with Jaxon as we messaged back and forth this morning. I was beginning to freak out but I tried to remain calm in front of them as my heart picked up the pace. I felt a pair of hands squeeze my left shoulder, I turned to see Alena smiling at me in the gap between my seat and the window.

"It will be fine." She whispered in my ear. I smiled at her as she sat back into her seat.

Sat, June 18, 09:45 AM
Jaxon: Don't be nervous about them. They will both hit it off.

Sat, June 18, 09:46 AM
Avery: I know. I'm more nervous about the unexpected.

Sat, June 18, 09:47 AM
Jaxon: Stay positive baby. Message me when you get home x

I clicked the screen of my phone off as I laid my head back against the head rest. Drew was tapping his fingers to the beat of the song on the steering wheel,  oblivious to my freak out. I internally groaned as I saw the sign of the clinic to indicate that we had arrived. I let out a sigh as soon as Drew parked the car before turning to face me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I eyed him carefully.

He let out a sigh as he looked at the entrance before looking back to me, "Nervous, but I don't wanna overthink it."

I nodded in agreement before exiting the car, Alena and Drew in tow.

"Let's do this!" Alena cheered in excitement as she grabbed a hold of my hand. Together we walked in to sign in before going into the cafeteria area where we knew Mum would be waiting. We got to the door before looking at each other, Drew smiled at me before opening the door for us. As we walked in it felt like the longest walk, but as soon as I saw my Mum stand up in shock I knew there was no turning back.