52 - Keep Holding On

* * *

"What are you doing here?!" I squealed in excitement.

Jaxon smiled as he lifted the flowers in one hand and dinner in the hand, "I figured we could spend at least one night together."

I laughed in excitement as I closed the space between us and kissed him on his lips, "Best surprise, ever."

He chuckled in between our kisses as he wrapped his arms around my waist, deepening our kiss, "I hope you're hungry?"

"I'm starving!" I exaggerated as I closed the door behind him.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as I looked at Jaxon while we ate our food in peace. I honestly had no idea he was going to be here but I was glad. After dinner we decided to call it a night and go into my room to sleep. I smiled as he wrapped his arm around my waist before bringing me closer to his chest. It was the perfect night because it was just him and I, no interruptions, no one eavesdropping in the room next door. I shifted from my position to turn and lie on my back and face him.

"Thank you for tonight. I loved it." I whispered.

He looked down at my lips before leaning over me to kiss me, "I love you." He whispered against my lips.

My fingers slid through his hair as our kiss depended, I almost lost all control when I felt the tip of his tongue touch my lips. It felt right, being here of all places with him but it felt so right. My fingers fiddled with the hem of his t-shirt before I pulled it over his head. He towered over me as he grabbed my thighs to wrap them around his waist. I knew it was time to take our relationship to the next level and I've never felt more comfortable than I did right at this moment. I wanted him to feel the love I had for him. Tonight was all about him and I, not the drama going on in our lives, court cases, crazy ex-boyfriends. Tonight it was about our love for each other.

* * *

The sounds of birds singing woke me from my peaceful sleep. I stretched as I opened my eyes to scan my now empty bed. I looked across my room to see where my clothes now lay from being thrown there the night before. As I laid there thinking about last night the smile slowly appeared on my lips before it turned into a full laugh, making me cover my face with both hands. I thoroughly enjoyed last night but wasn't about to let him hear that so that his ego would combust.

Letting out a sigh I got out of bed and quickly put my clothes on. As I made my way downstairs the smell of coffee instantly hit me and had me walking into the kitchen. I smiled when I saw him working away at the stove, I leaned against the kitchen counter, watching as his back muscles flexed when he stirred at one pan and then flipped pancakes in the other. I waited a few seconds before wolf whistling, I let out a laugh when he turned slowly to stare at me with one eyebrow raised.

"Are you checking me out, Ms Winters?" He whispered in this deep husky voice that made my stomach fill up with butterflies.

"Maybe I am, Mr Asher." I replied.

"Like what you see?" He asked as he placed the eggs on the plate before placing the plate on the dining table.

"Very much, so." I said

"Pervert." He mumbled before smirking at me.

I let out a laugh before deciding to help him set the table for breakfast.