39 - Titanium

* * *

"I think I'm going to go see her." I said the words before I could stop them. I knew this was something I had to do. I needed to see her.

"I'm sorry, what?" He asked in confusion.

"I'm going to go see her." I responded calmly.

"After everything she has done, why on earth would you think I would let you near her?" He asked.

"I need to see her, Jaxon. I know what she's going through and I just want to talk to her." I said calmly.

"I warned her to stay away from him, you know." Jaxon added.

"You did?" I asked.

"Yeah, ages ago. When I first found out I went to her and told her to stay away from him because he's dangerous. She didn't listen. Sometimes they bring it upon themselves." He said as he shrugged his shoulders before leaning back in his seat.

I turned slightly to face him, "Once you pick up Alena and drop us off, I'll make some calls to see if I can see her today."

I watched as he looked into my eyes for a seconds before letting out a sigh. He leaned forward to give me a soft peck on the lips before leaning back in his seat, "How about we drop Alena off and I'll take you to see her."

"Really?" I asked as I smiled at him.

"I don't feel bad for her but I understand your need to do this, so yeah I'll take you." He said.

I smiled at him as I leaned into him to give him a kiss before whispering, "Thank you."

As he drove to Penelope's house I rang Brittany's Mum to see if she could put me down to see Brittany today, thankfully Bianca was able to come through with her number. It's safe to say that Brittany's Mum was shocked one her of "friends" wanted to see her, which had me believing that no one has actually gone to see this girl yet.

The rest of the ride home I kept having pretend conversations in my head with Brittany, I tried to prepare myself for what I wanted to say but I came up with nothing. I wasn't going to panic though, I had faith that the moment I would see her I would know exactly what to say.

"You ready?" Jaxon asked.

I looked around to notice that we were now in front of the clinic, I was nervous all of a sudden.

'Why the hell are you nervous?'

I let out a sigh before nodding, "Yeah I am."

I unbuckled my belt before noticing that Jaxon wasn't moving. I turned to look at him before asking, "You're not coming in?"

He shook his head, "No, babe. This is something you need to do and I support it but I'll wait outside."

"Ok. I won't be long."

As I walked into the clinic I was hoping Brittany's Mum had put me on the list in time for me to see her. It was at this point that I realised that if it was meant to happen, my name will be there. If it's not meant to happen, they will reject my visit. I watched as she looked through the computer to see if I was on the approved list.