40 - We Own It

* * *

"You're what?" Isaac asked.

"I'm going to press charges. Add my charges on top of Bianca's charge." I stated with confidence.

Isaac turned away from the stove to face me as I sat calmly at the dining table. He was in the middle of making breakfast until I walked in a few minutes ago to break the news to him. A part of me assumed he would be happy about me pressing charges, now here he stood with a look mixed with shock and fear.

I watched in amusement as he began to pace in front of me, "You can't do that. I won't let you get dragged through court. I'll tell the cops of my involvement that night if it means you don't have to press charges."

"I won't let you do that. They will charge you for being an accomplice and then what have we achieved? Besides, it's too late." I responded calmly.

"What do you mean it's too late?" Isaac asked, hands on hips.

"I called Watson and my dad on Wednesday after the hearing to let them know I was pressing charges."

Isaac let out a groan as he finished making the scrambled eggs to place them on the dining table. He fell silent after this exchange, making me believe there was more to his concern than what he was leading me to believe. He should be happy that I was putting my fears aside to try and put Noah in prison for his crimes. I watched as he placed everything on the table ready for our Saturday breakfast before he sat down in a huff.

"I just feel guilty for making you go through the courts." He sighed out.

His eyes widened for a few seconds before smiling, "I'll pay for your lawyer at least. Let me do that." He added.

"No. You know what you can do for me?" I said as I smiled lightly at him.

"What?" He asked grumpily.

"Make friends with Jaxon." I said before getting up to make us coffee.

Isaac let out a groan before placing his head onto the table with a thud, "He doesn't want a bar of me, Avery."

"He just needed a few days. It was a lot of information you hit him with. Don't let the bromance die!" I mocked as I smiled at him.

He shook his head as he chuckled lightly before nodding in agreement with me. Grabbing our coffees and Alena's juice I went back to sit next to him. As if on cue, Alena skips cheerfully into the dining room before sitting next to us.

"Morning!" She greats us in a cheerful tone before starting to eat breakfast.

Shaking my head lightly I let out a chuckle, "Morning Aly-Cat."

Sat, July 09, 10:25 AM
Jaxon: I've got a tag team race tonight. Come support me?

Looking down at my phone my eyes then moved towards Isaac. Isaac creased his eyebrows slightly at me but realisation sunk in when I showed him the message I had received.

"Avery. Can I sleep over at dads tonight? Please! We go back to school on Monday." Alena mumbled, mouthful of food.

I looked over at Isaac once again who nodded slightly before unlocking his phone to start messaging.