22 - When Love Takes Over

* * *

"Alena, are you ready? Drew will be here in five minutes!" I yelled out from across the room.

I turned to look around my room to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. I was out of my wits because this was all happening so soon, I wasn't ready for another meeting with my father. The last thing I wanted was to be on enemy base with nowhere to run. Drew didn't trust that I would drive on my own, even though I said Alena could ride shotgun with him. The problem he had, he thought I would storm out and drive off.

There was a 90% chance of that happening so I wasn't denying it.

"I'm ready!" Alena yelled out from her room.

I looked at myself through my mirror for one last check. I had decided on simple skinny jeans, a black peplum top with my leather jacket. I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard but still wanted to be dressed neat enough. I let out a sigh as I grabbed my clutch before walking out.

"Shit." I whispered hastily before walking back to grab my medication. I looked to see that I only had one pill left before placing it into my bag. Panic took over as I made a mental note to find my prescription so that I could collect it from the chemist. The sound of beeping brought me back to reality and the issue I had to face in the next twenty minutes. Grabbing my jacket, I closed my bedroom door behind me before meeting Alena downstairs.

After locking everything we walked towards Drew's Jeep, I let out a silent sigh before climbing into the passengers seat. Immediately, my head turned to the right to make eye contact with my brother who was smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

"Ladies." Drew greeted with all smiles glued to his face.

"Hey, Drew!" Alena responded back with enthusiasm, while I just stared at him in annoyance.

"Lighten up lil' sis. You look like someone's dragging you somewhere you don't want to go." Drew whispered.

"Shut up. You didn't even win!" I whispered hastily.

Drew leaned closer before quietly responding back, "Neither did you."

"Yeah. Exactly. We both shot each other at the same time so the bet should have been voided."

"Nah, it's more fun this way." Drew said but chuckled lightly when I swore underneath my breath.

"No, it's not." I mumbled.

"Think of it like this, we both finally commit to the one thing we've been avoiding most of our life."

"Pfft." I huffed before crossing my arms over my chest.

"Any last words before we drive to our destination?" He asked, before looking at me. I looked at the back to see Alena playing games on my phone, before looking up at me to give me her biggest smile. The happiness on her face went straight to my heart, causing it to ache. Smiling back, I turned to look at Drew. As soon my face was out of view from Alena, the smile immediately disappeared and was replaced with irritation. Drew simply chuckled at me before driving off towards our destination.

"Love you too, sis."

It's times like these when I wish we had a long drive ahead of us, but frankly it was only a ten minute drive. I had ten minutes to learn how to maintain my composure and not act like a hot head, especially with Michael around and my fathers wife. Whose name I had forgotten. I felt bad but there was a part of me that had hoped Alena would be just as mad at our father as I was for not being there, for not fighting for us.