14 - Mercy

* * *

Jaxon's POV:

"Please Jaxon. All I need is five minutes. Can we meet up?"

I internally rolled my eyes trying to not let out a groan at the sound of Brittany's voice, I let out a sigh before agreeing to pick her up. Personally I would have preferred to have met her at this new burger place she was talking about, but my mum raised me better than that. Which is why I had agreed to pick her up.

Who knew that meeting up with Brittany was going to be the biggest mistake of my life. It all happened in slow motion the moment I saw her big hazel eyes starring at me, my heart shattered into a million pieces at the situation. I knew how Avery's mind worked and right now she was thinking I was on a date, no doubt over thinking the situation when it really wasn't what it looked like. I felt the desperation crawl from within as I needed to explain myself, I really didn't want Avery to get the wrong idea about what she just saw between Brittany and I, but I was too late.

When I walked back into Royal Stacks I looked to my left and sure enough all her friends were eyeing me out, like it was hunting season and I was on the market. I let out a sigh as I walked back to the table to grab my jacket.

"Where are you going?" Brittany asked in panic.

"I'm getting out of here!" I growled out in a whisper.

"Please, let's just talk. We already ordered the food. Eat and then go?" She begged. I let out a tired sigh before sitting down, listening to the reasons she wanted to meet up.

Our "meeting" lasted for about forty minutes by the time we finished, I was mentally exhausted and just wanted to go home and sleep it off. As soon as I arrived home, I immediately had a steaming hot shower before changing into a pair of sweats. Walking downstairs into the theatre room I put the TV on to a random music channel, before leaning forward placing both forearms onto my knees.

Pulling out my phone as soon as I sat down I opened up my messages with Avery and sat there starring at the screen. My fingers did the little dance in the air above my screen, as I tried to figure out what to say and how to say it.

"Avery, I promise it was not what it looked like-"

"Avery, can we please talk about before?-"

"I can't get you out of my head. I'd never move on from you-"

I let out a sigh as I erased the third message in a row, giving up on the idea of messaging her. I decided not to bother her and to just leave her alone while she cooled off. There was the possibility of making the situation worse if I messaged her so I decided against it.

I'm hoping the decision I made was the right one.

* * *

I think back on what had happened at Royal Stacks and my heart aches at the fact that I never called or messaged her. Something inside my bones told me I made the dumbest mistake by not messaging her, but it was as too late. I made my bed.

I needed a distraction so somehow I ended up at my mums restaurant just to help out, and annoy the shit out of Claude. I was there for about half an hour until I remembered Jonathan. I can't believe I had almost forgotten that I had to go pick up Johnny, so I jogged towards my mums office to let her know I was leaving. Knocking, I opened the door absentmindedly not expecting anyone else with her.