2 - We Don't Talk Anymore

* * *

After last night's bomb shell I was at a loss for words, I didn't know what to say or how to respond to Drew's honesty session. Truth be told, I clamped up and avoided answering. I knew I had a lot to think about, I was unsure and scared to meet my dad and that's exactly what I told Drew. I knew this was something I needed to talk to Alena about, but I had no plans to discuss this right now.

Drew was understanding when I said I wasn't sure, he knew just how hard this was for us. We have spent the last eight years without our dad and now he wanted to see us? Frankly, there were more pressing matters I had to deal with and Noah's whereabouts was high on that list. He may be in hiding but that didn't stop him from messaging me every day, it's gotten to a point where I have just come to terms with these messages and instantly ignore them, which I could tell wasn't sitting well with Noah. Call me stubborn but I refused to show him how much he affected me by changing my number, I had no intention of blocking him because he would find out, and I knew angering him more would not be a wise choice. It was better for me to make him believe I was reading his messages.

There was also the unfinished business I had with Jaxon. He went from being loving and staying with me at the hospital to being completely distant and closed off. It's been a week and a bit since I've spoken to or seen him, I wanted to know if he was struggling just as much as I was or if he had already moved on. Deep down I was hoping that he was somewhat struggling with the idea of being without me as I was with him. I wanted him back, I wanted to show him that I was ready for a relationship, an open and honest relationship with him. It didn't help that he was blatantly ignoring my messages and calls. He literally cut me out of his life completely, which is why I was also angry with him and I hated him a little bit as well.

There was something missing to the puzzle and I was determined to get answers from him.

* * *

"I'll pick you up in thirty"

I nodded absentmindedly before realising Nikki couldn't actually see me, rolling my eyes at my own stupidity, I responded "Sounds good, just message me when you get here."

Alena was home bound at Penelope's house for a sleep over, not even two days into our holidays and my little sister had more of a social life than I did. I was content with spending the night by myself but Nikki had other plans. I had a feeling that Isaac had something to do with this because just as he left not even ten minutes later Nikki called, demanding I go out with the group for burgers despite declining the invitation a few days ago. Of course I ended up accepting, I had genuinely missed the group and hadn't seen them since my honesty session I had with them a few weeks back.

Tue, Mar 29, 5:45 PM
Nikki: I'm outsiiiiiide. Get your ass moving.

Rolling my eyes, I couldn't help but grin at Nikki's message. Nikki turned out to be one of my best friends, I felt completely comfortable and at ease with Nikki and was lucky that I followed my gut feeling by opening up to her. Grabbing my bag, I jogged towards Nikki before getting in the car.

"Hey Nik"

"Hey girl hey!"

"Where we going?" I asked, feeling intrigued.

Nikki shifted through a few cars that were moving too slow for her liking before responding, "New burger joint opened up last week, called Royal Fries. Hopefully it's good otherwise I'll be pissed."