//three

i sat quietly in his car, shifting nervously. the man started driving at a normal pace. i looked out the window onto the landscape that surrounded us. it reminded me of the freedom i had a few minutes ago, and how sorrowful i thought i was then. nothing could comprehend the sorrow i was feeling now.

i didn't notice the man said something.

"what's your name?" he repeated harshly. i snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. "u-uh, y/n" i stuttered. "i'm tyler" the man introduced himself. i looked out the window again.
tyler
tyler

everything fell in slow motion. i recognized it. i recognized him. his voice. his paint. his beanie. the way he shook his hands.

"tyler joseph?" i said slowly, and i saw him stiffen. he looked out his window to his left, then looked back in front of him.

"you know about me" he said. it wasn't a question, but it also wasn't a statement. more so a thought.

we stayed silent for a few minutes before i finally spoke up.

"why did you kidnap me?"

tyler was quiet as he put on his turn signal. he turned, then turned it off. "me and jenna broke
up" he said softly. it scared me, his tone. it was as if he was trying to comfort me.

"oh" i said, matching his tone.

"i watched you and your boyfriend, how he obviously wasn't drunk. he planned it, you know. he planned to meet up with the girl, that's what they've been doing for the past few weeks"

i felt my stomach dropped. my boyfriend, he lied to me. yet, how could i trust someone who kidnapped me?

"the reason i took you is for several reasons" he said, still not looking at me. i nodded, waiting.

"one," he spoke. "i needed to make jenna jealous. not that i want her back, but not because she wronged me. i need to make her feel the way i did, when she dumped me. the sickening feeling of dread and regret"

"second," tyler continued, "i need someone to help with the shows. to make sure everything is right, to make sure that more people come."

"third" he thought for a second, as if thinking a way to place his words. "we have to feed the crowd. new relationships, more news, more magazine covers, more people who know who we are, who twenty one pilots is"

"fourth" he gave a mischievous grin that send shivers down my back. "me and josh get bored, often" he didn't have to clarify. i felt the blood drain from my face. "not exactly the reason you're thinking, y/n." he winked, then looked back to the road.