//twenty four

i quickly ran to the car and unlocked it, getting into the passengers seat and then locking the doors.

josh ran out moments later. i unlocked the car and he rushed into the drivers seat. he locked the car again and sighed, leaning into the seat. i saw that he had a few bruises on his face and arms.

tyler rushed out of the door and josh quickly cranked the car up, driving out of the driveway. he slammed on the gas and drove down the street in a overwhelmingly fast speed.

josh slowed down as he realized that he was far away from the house. "i'm sorry about that" josh sighed. i shrugged. "it's fine. thank you for helping me." i told josh. he simply nodded and turned his attention to the road.

we pulled up into a fancy hotel and josh hopped out, then opened the door for me. "you don't have to pay for this" i whined. "no, it's fine." josh said quickly. i followed him into the hotel.

we got a room with two beds, he explained to me that it was safer just in case tyler found us. we walked upstairs to the room and i sat down on my bed, which was a few feet away from josh's.

"what if tyler finds us?" i said, worried. josh's phone rang and he answered it upon habit.

"where the fuck are you?" i heard tyler yell from the other side of the phone. josh's face went blank as he stared at me with horror.

"you know what? i don't care. i will find you. and when i do i swear to god you'll regret leaving" tyler snapped and hung up.

we sat in silence for a few minutes until josh spoke up. "how about we get some lunch downstairs?"