//fourty nine

i walked to the kitchen, seeing a note next to the keys.

i'm sorry that i did that to f/n. but i need you to drive. take my car and drive away from here. by tomorrow tyler will be looking around for you in town so you can stay here. dont bail me out yet, wait a few days. there's some money in the safe under my bed. the code is 8-2-9-6-1-6. use that money to bail me out, i'm sure you can persuade them too, and for whatever you need. please be safe. i'll explain everything later and i hope you can forgive me. i don't blame you for being mad.

i'm so sorry,
josh

i kept the note in my hand for a second before i stuffed it in my pocket, along with the car keys. i made a mad dash upstairs to josh's room, unlocking the safe to reveal blocks of money. i smiled to myself, for the first time since f/n died. i went to my room and got my bag, putting some clothes and other essentials in there before going back to josh's room and putting all the money in the bag, then closed and locked the safe.

i walked back downstairs and took one last look at the house, then locked the doors and getting the extra house key from outside. i locked the door and walked to josh's car. i opened the drivers seat and threw my bag into the passengers. then i turned on the car and drove out the driveway.

the first thing i needed to do was change the passcode on my apartment. i went to the office there and they easily changed the passcode without question.

then i went to my apartment and packed a few more things, putting them in the bag from earlier. i locked the door and left.

after that i drove to the gas station and filled up josh's car with gas and got a few snacks.

i got back in the car and started aimlessly driving. i checked the time and saw that it was 5:28. tyler would be getting out of jail around now, right?

i felt my heart beat faster out of fear. what if tyler finds me? i have no one to run to, f/n is dead, josh is in jail, and my family is on the other side of the country.

i was alone.