//fourty eight

tyler was accused of murder and sent to prison for life, and perhaps the death sentence. i didn't tell the police about me being kidnapped by him, though. they already seemed convinced and unsurprised that he murdered someone. he already had a few aggressive penalties on record. 

i stayed with josh at his house, being too afraid and shocked to live on my own. the fact that tyler's friends might be looking for me and the death of f/n was making me too afraid to do anything.

josh seemed quiet, not really saying anything unless to ask me if i wanted anything or if i was okay. it was nice, though. it must of been awkward for him since his best friend who also kidnapped me murdered my best friend. or so i thought.

"hey, i'm going to go to the store. are you going to be okay by yourself for a bit?" josh questioned while we were watching tv. i simply nodded and turned my attention back to the screen. before josh could get up there was a harsh knock on the door. i looked at him quickly and saw that there was a shocked and scared expression on his face.

"this is the police. open the door or else we will" i heard a rough voice from the outside. noticing that josh wasn't budging, i got up and opened the door. there was three police cars and around six policemen with guns surrounding the house.

"where's joshua william dun?" the policeman from earlier demanded. i saw josh shakily get up, walking up to me with a face full of guilt.

"you are charged with voluntary manslaughter of f/n f/mn f/ln." the police advanced forward and handcuffed josh. josh was looking at the ground and my mouth was gaped open with shock.

"you have the right to remain silent. if you do say anything, what you say can be used against you in a court of law. you have the right to consult with a lawyer and have that lawyer present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you if you so desire"

josh turned to me with a face full of guilt and sorrow. i stood there, shocked. josh reached over and kissed my forehead, mouthing an "i'm sorry" before being pulled away by the police. all of them left except one, who shyly walked up to me.

"what's your relations with joshua?" he questioned.

"w-we were...u-uh, friends" i managed to stutter out.

the police nodded, pulling out a small notepad and pen and sloppily writing it down.

"tyler joseph?" he questioned.

"friends a-also"

the policeman seemed unconvinced as he wrote that down also.

"state of residence?"

"sorry, what?" i asked. i was distracted by what had happened. so josh had killed f/n? why? what about the note? it seemed so unlike him to do something like that.

"where do you live?" he asked gently.

"(your address)" the police nodded and wrote something down.

"you might be subjected to questioning since you were so close to everyone accused and such. i'm sorry about the circumstances, ma'am. tyler joseph will be released from confinement in a few hours, we will drop him off here." the man said. he flashed a smile before walking to the remaining police car.

i closed the door, bursting into tears again. what the fuck?

i knew one thing, i had to get the hell away from here.