// sixty

josh and i were sitting lazily on the cruise ship, watching the land that we were once on slowly fade from our sight. meanwhile tyler was elsewhere, but we didn't pay any attention. in a sense we tried to forget that we were even with tyler, but rather with just each other. i was glad to have someone like josh with me. i didn't know what i would do without him.
"what are you thinking about?" josh questioned all the sudden. my gaze went from the ocean to his (mocha) eyes.
i bit my lip. "i really wish it was just us" i said. josh nodded his head slowly, turning his head so he wasn't looking in my direction. i looked back at the ocean as well. by now the port was only a blurry line over the horizon.
"there's a dinner around six" josh informed me. "it's fancy, so you should wear that yellow dress we got" he added, sending a smile. i smiled back. "okay"
"well, i think think tyler is waiting for us" josh said, pulling out his phone. it read that it was five, so he suggested me to get ready. we got up from the quite uncomfortable chairs that we were sitting on and made our way to our rooms. it was first class, so we didn't have to go down many flights of stairs.
i was sharing a room with tyler. josh surprisingly had a room to himself. knowing tyler, josh has told me in advance that i could hang out in his room whenever i wanted to, but i had to sleep in the one i shared with tyler.
i decided to get ready in josh's room. i opened the door to mine, half expecting tyler to come running out and demanding where i had been. instead tyler was no where to be seen. his key was gone, so i expected he went out on the ship.
i got my dress, makeup bag, brush, and curling iron. although tyler was gone, i didn't know when he might return.
i got ready in josh's bathroom while he got ready in his bedroom. it took around forty minutes for me to finish, but it must of not taken josh that long because when i came out the bathroom balancing the stuff in my hands, josh was laying on his bed.
"josh, you're going to get your tuxedo wrinkled!" i exclaimed. while i did so, my bag fell out of my hands and landed on the floor. josh chuckled, getting up and picking up the bag. he also took the curling iron from my hands and led me outside, opening the door to my room.
tyler was sitting on the desk, humming a rhythm to an unknown song and scribbling down words onto a piece of paper beside him. his eyes were transfixed to the wall.
but when i walked into the room, tyler turned to me. his gaze went from focused to surprised.
he jumped off the desk he was sitting on and engulfed me into a hug. "you look beautiful" he gasped as he gently let go. i smiled, placing my clothes in the dirty clothes bin. while doing so, i heard i slight cough. i turned around to see tyler glaring angrily at josh. josh set my stuff on the counter and held his hands up to his chest in sarcastic surrender.
tyler shyly took my hand into his. "we should get going" he suggested.