//thirty five

tyler opened the door for me when we arrived at the mall. i quietly thanked him and i pulled out my phone, texting my friend.

y/n: i'm at the mall :)

f/n: great! i'm pulling in, meet me in the food court?

y/n: got it

i put my phone in my pocket and tyler took my hand gently. "she said to meet at the food court" i told him as we walked into the mall.

"smile, darling" he whispered into my ear. i obeyed him, smiling.

we walked into the food court and tyler didn't dare to let go of my hand. "tyler, she thinks we are friends" i hissed under my breath.

"then she's going to have to think differently" tyler looked at me with a smirk. i sighed.

"y/n!" i heard the high pitched voice of my friend. i turned around and slid my hand out of tylers, then engulfed f/n into a hug.

"it's so nice to see yo- who is this?" she chirped with her eyebrows raised.

"um, f/n, tyler. tyler, f/n" i introduced them cautiously, a smile still appearing on my face. tyler and f/n shook hands, then tyler quickly went back to my side, standing closely by me.

f/n's eyebrow was still raised. i gave off a nervous chuckle. "anyways, are we going to eat first?" i tried to break the silence.

"yeah, sure! i'm going to get chick-fil-a. what about you?" f/n asked.

"yeah, same. tyler?" i asked him.

tyler smiled widely. "i'll get taco bell" he said. i nodded simply and headed off to f/n.

"who the hell is he?" f/n whispered in a low tone when we got in the line for chick-fil-a.