//sixteen

my fingers danced over the screen, contemplating. if anything bad happens during the date i'll call. i decided finally, turning off my phone and placing it on the counter. i closed the bathroom door and took a shower.

once done i wrapped a towel around myself. i glanced at my old clothes and sighed, slipping them on. i decided that i'll ask tyler if we could run by my house and pick up some clothes.

i grabbed my phone and shoved it in my back pocket, walking down the stairs to see josh and tyler hugging, exchanging apologizes. i was about to go back upstairs, but then they both pulled away. "hey, y/n" josh smiled widely and i could tell that tyler was steaming with jealously. "i have breakfast in the kitchen for you, follow me"

josh walked to the kitchen and i followed behind him. i saw that there was no food and i turned to josh and saw a serious expression on his face. he handed me a slip of paper.

"this is my number. if anything bad happens, call me. don't call the cops, trust me. that won't do you any good." i put the paper in my pocket and smiled. "thank you" i whispered. "yeah, be careful" josh patted my head gently, then whipped around and grabbed a pop tart, handing it to me. i mouthed another thank you and went out to the living room where tyler was waiting.

he got up automatically and rushed me out the door with him.