//fifty four

i had honestly expected something worse, but tyler pulled into a taco bell. he stepped out without saying a word and boredly walked to the entrance, going inside and leaving me alone with josh.

"whats going on now?" i groaned, leaning forward from the backseat so my elbows were resting innocently on the arm rest. i rested my head lazily on my hands.

josh sighed, moving slightly so he was facing me. he ran a hand through his head. 

"its just...tyler is insane. i know you know that by now. but we lied about tyler being pretty much born with it, it was caused by jenna. she did these mind games with him and it really messed him up. you see, uh, he doesn't like talking about it, and i can tell that while he was in jail he was thinking about it. thats why i was going to pay him a visit, but the cops came. i expected them to come later, at night or something." josh explained, pausing a couple of times. i nodded, trying to understand it all. so its jennas fault that tyler is insane?

as if on cue, tyler walked out of taco bell with a bag. he got in the car and gave it to josh. i leaned back into my seat, rubbing my eyes.

josh handed me a taco and i took it. we sat and ate in silence, and when we were done josh threw away the trash and we started driving again. before i knew it i drifted off to sleep.

josh pov

i watched irritably as tyler tapped his thumbs on the wheel to an unknown beat. i hated the fact that i had to tell y/n tylers past myself, it should be him that tells her.

"what are you thinking about?" tyler questioned, not looking away from the road. i looked at him with a sense of confrontation. 

'you know, you really should be telling her about yourse-" i started quietly, not wanting to wake y/n up. tyler shushed me by raising one of his hands, his pointer finger up. 

"i should be telling her about myself, i should be nicer to her, i should treat her regularly if i want a regular relationship, whatever" tyler huffed, lowering his hand. i sighed, turning back to look at y/n and made sure she was asleep, and she was. i looked back to tyler.

"thats what you want, right?" i questioned curiously. tyler never seemed attached to any of the girls he took 'hostage', but maybe it was different this time.

tyler nodded, biting his lip nervously.

"yes, thats what i want. a normal relationship"