//sixty three

the night ended well, we walked grudgingly to our rooms. josh insisted on me to get ice-cream for both him and tyler. i agreed and set off - on my own - to the cafe.

it was open 24/7, although at a time around two in the morning there wasn't many people or food. the only person besides me that was there was a drunk woman who was staring out into the ocean and mumbling under her breath.

i made two ice-cream cones, not wanting any for myself, knowing that if i were to carry three than i would most likely drop all of them. i made my way back to the rooms, almost bumping into a tired worker who was patrolling the halls. i said i curt hello to him and continued walking until i reached the rooms, knocking on the door with my foot.

josh opened tylers door to my surprise. "tyler passed out" josh yawned, glancing over at tyler who was asleep in his bed, then back to the ice-cream, taking a cone out of my hand. "thanks" he smiled and i nodded. guessing tyler was done for the night, i took a bite out of the ice-cream, shuttering as i felt the cold hit my sensitive teeth.

"so what now?" josh questioned, licking his ice-cream. "i don't know. maybe after i finish this im going to sleep" i decided. josh sighed, leaning against the desk. "come on, we pretty much have the whole deck to ourselves. you don't want to explore or anything?" 

i shook my head. i had to admit, i was tired. i took a few bites out of the cone and looked out the small window of the room that looked out onto the ocean. i couldn't blame the drunk lady on the desk, the ocean was a nice sight. by now i guessed that we were far away from the port, and perhaps even the land.  it was alarming to think about it, so i turned my attention to josh who was still licking his ice-cream in a child like manner.

"what are our plans for tomorrow?" i asked. josh shrugged, finishing his ice-cream and tossing the paper wrapper into the small trash bin that was beside the desk. "i think tyler was talking about watching this comedy thing or something later on that night, but other than that im not sure"

i nodded slowly, finishing my ice-cream and throwing the wrapper away too. "well, i think im going to be off to sleep now" i implied, waiting for josh to leave. josh stood there for a moment, as if in thought, before quickly nodding. "yeah, yeah. goodnight" he smiled before rushing out the room.

i chuckled to myself at josh's odd behavior before going to the bathroom to wipe off my makeup. as i did so, i spotted a pill bottle laying on the counter. i picked it up, studying the label. i frowned, seeing it was paroxetine, josh's anxiety medicine. it was almost empty with the lid not screwed on all the way. i made a mental note to give it to him tomorrow, and to make sure i'd remember i put the bottle on the counter.

i looked over to tyler's bed and he wasn't there, the door was wide open.