//fifty nine

josh bit his lip, as if seriously considering the question. "hm, how about hot topic?" he asked with a sort of lopsided grin. "what are we gonna buy there, merch from your own band?" i asked with a laugh. josh nodded enthusiastically. "only the best"

we walked into hot topic after a few minutes searching around the mall desperately for it.

josh and i could quickly tell that the girl at the register-the only person in the store other than us-was having a panic attack over the fact that josh dun was in her store. josh asked if she wanted a selfie, and she squealed a yes and josh took the photo with her.

"look at this!" i pointed out to the "mentally dating josh dun" sweatshirt and chucked. josh rolled his eyes and laughed along with me. "the clique is weird" he sighed.

"amen to that" i continued walking around the store, finding a few band shirts, along with ones with cool designs. josh found some as well, most of it being his own merch and a hoodie with "NASA" on it.

we payed for our stuff and made our way to multiple other stores, enjoying our time together. at one point we even sang an old justin bieber song in a joking manner that was playing over the speakers loudly and obnoxiously, gaining many stares.

we walked out the mall, dragging the suitcases that we had left on hold out of macy's.

josh led me to a few benches and we sat down, our bags almost surrounding us.

"today has been fun" josh smiled, crossing his legs. i smiled back. "yeah, it has been" i agreed.

"i guess we have to go back to tyler now" josh grumbled, looking at the ground. "i wish we didn't have to" i sighed, leaning sloppily on the bench. josh nodded in agreement.

"i just can't wait for this to all be over" i mumbled in an extremely quiet whisper.

"what?" josh didn't hear what i said.

"nothing"