//fifty two

i had no choice but to open the door. i mean, either that or stay in my car until he leaves. which i doubt would have happened.

i hesitantly opened the door and tyler grabbed me by the arm, pulling me out. i winced and prepared for what he was going to do, and i was surprised when he brought his lips to mine.

it was a slow and passionate kiss that lasted for around a minute. i kissed back.

tyler pulled away and engulfed me in a hug. "i'm so sorry" he whispered, pulling away.

"for what?" i questioned. tyler looked away for a moment.

"for everything. for kidnapping you, for hitting you, for putting josh in jail..." he trailed off.

i looked at the ground. i didn't know if i should accept the apology or just run away. i had no idea. he seemed genuine, but still. i simply couldn't trust him.

"i'm bailing josh out of jail. if you could remove the tire clamp that would be great" i told tyler. he sighed and took it off, which took a few minutes.

he tossed it onto the ground and got into the passengers seat. i got into the drivers and we drove in silence until we got to the jail. i pulled out the money, counting $5000. tyler looked at me with surprised eyes and i ignored him. i really needed to talk to josh.

i got out of the car quickly. i entered the police station and told the receptionist i wanted to bail josh out. she explained to me that he had to go to court by a certain date. i kept nodding, and finally she took the money and called someone. it was a minute or so when josh came out.

he looked absolutely terrible, his hair a mess and black circles under his eyes. he had a few bruises as well. as soon as the police uncuffed him, josh ran up and hugged me. we stayed like this for a few moments.

"i missed you" he whispered, pecking my forehead like he used to. the receptionist told josh the same that she told me, and once she finished we dashed out.

as we were walking to the car, josh ruffled my hair gently. i chuckled.

"so, what happened when i was gone?" he questioned.

"i ran away and tyler found me, he apologized bu-" i explained.

"please tell me he isn't in the car"

"i can't lie to you, josh dun"

josh sighed loudly. "well, this is going to be great" he groaned.