//sixty four

"tyler" i whispered, frantically dashing out the door. i ran down the hallways onto the deck, which was empty. maybe he is just getting something to drink. i thought to myself, trying to distract myself from the thoughts what were flying through my head of the possibilities.

i knew that i must be overreacting. maybe he had found someone else, or perhaps he was just walking around. but something about his behavior lately wasn't right. it wasn't him. the fearless and destructive tyler that i have come to know wasn't acting right.

i continued searching the deck until i found myself at the front, face - to - face with tyler's back. he was hanging off the edge of the boat, in front of the fence. the only thing that was stopping him from falling off was the bar that he clung loosely from.

"tyler" i gasped. it was cliché, the whole scene. it was like the titanic. the successful and popular one was the one that was clinging off the boat and the non-popular one that was somehow the successful ones love interest was going to talk him out of it.

tyler turned his head around slowly. his face was tear-stained and swollen. he smiled weakly when he saw me, using one hand to wipe a tear away, then returning it to the bar. "y/n"

"tyler don-"

"y/n. there's things that i haven't told you. things that affect me, and now it has affected you" he looked back at the ocean. "it was his fault"

i walked slowly to the fence, cautiously placing my hands over tyler's. tyler looked back at me. "who's?"

"that you will find out yourself." tyler bit his lip, cocking his head slightly. "but for now, i can't tell you." he finished.

"you can't stop me from doing this" tyler added. "you might today, but it will happen tomorrow. there's no way" he shook his head, laughing to himself. "see where he has got me?"

"tyler" i whispered, feeling tears build up in my eyes. "tyler please don't"

"it's for the best" tyler looked out to the sea. "on the desk is a list of things, they're yours. tell josh and he will give them to you" he tapped his thumbs on the bar.

"under the list is a song i wrote. sorry i couldn't exactly sing it to you, it's too late. it's starting to feel like i can't think straight..." his face became pale.

"this is what he wanted" he mumbled.

he then turned back to me. "i love you y/n, i really do. i wish i could go back and never kidnap you, and fuck did i screw up." tyler sighed.

"i love you too, tyler" i told him.

"that's good to know" he closed his eyes, and before i knew it the warmth under my hands were gone.

tyler had jumped.

"y/n!" josh yelled from behind me. i turned around. instead of seeing a sympathetic face, it was one of anger.

"why are you here" josh demanded.

"didn't you see..." i choked, covering my face with my hands.

"of course i did" josh smirked. "it was as expected. except you weren't supposed to be here"